Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Default 4.07 is rubbish (but is ONLY 07, 08 and 09 are great)

Do not get me wrong. I love the new japanesse planes and the little touches here and there. Is the jets what gets on my nerves.

Fisrt of all, almost noone fly the jets. Yes, i know 262, 163, go and y80 are an exception but the sim already had this four, and the arado is a really cool plane. Ok. Then i will refrase. I like the arado from the latest add on, and probably just because of this plane the whole jets experience has a point. Is the rest of them what I can not stand.

They are so unreal and pointless than anyone has ever notice EDITED: Feuerfalke, u are wright, i try again with 8x and realise after a looong while yes it runs out. Sorry. You where right i was wrong.

I wish the time and the efford for doing them had been spent in other planes like the french or the belgic early wwii planes that are miss from the sim, or even to make flyable IA planes from the sim. Whatever.

I think the reason to add fantasy planes was noone will ever contest about performance or realism because there is no data to check with. Anyway. Forgive me for my rant. I was just trying them and i could not see the point. Not at all.

Last edited by Ala13_Kokakolo; 05-11-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

JFYI: Patch 4.08 is the latest patch.

The BI-6 keeps flying when it's out of fuel, because the rocket-engine on the back runs out of fuel before the other engines do. So you probably get the out-of-fuel-warning from the rocket engine, while the main engines are fed with a different fuel.

Last not least: No one forces you to fly those 1946 planes. They are not realistic, because a large portion of them never existed or at least never flew. But as you already stated, there are a lot of missions for these planes, which should also give you the hind, that these planes are flown and loved by others.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Wish these threads could just be deleted. I'm sure Oleg will think it's great to see a thread with a title like '4.07 is rubbish' as the first thing when he decides to drop in here again. Really encouraging for him to start visiting more often. Maybe he can even be scared off from here just like he was from Ubi.

Now I don't disagree that the hard work that went into the fantasy planes would have better been put into something else, but it did and nobody can change it anymore.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Approved Member

Kira, sorry but as I stated before i love everything else from this game except the fantasy planes. that's why i stated 4.07. I wanted to make clear I love the rest and actualy i've just write a post about how fantastic 4.09 beta is and how excited i'm about this future map. I have been all day trying different jets and it seems to me they are pointless. Just that.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Approved Member

My understanding is that the jets were made by a group of third-party modellers, as were the maps (by a different group of persons) and were only released under the auspices of Oleg and the development team; more or less because a majority of people demanded them. Not much time was spent by the BoB development team on these items, and there wouldn't have been any other planes made in their place for that reason.

What we DID get was the whole product - i.e. up to 4.04, PLUS the paid add-ons (originally internet downloads only) 4.05, 4.06, 4.07 PLUS a second DVD of BOB previews and good film, for about 20 - 30 $. That alone was worth the fee imo, especially for newcomers to the game.

I would say that only spending a day flying the jet offerings is definitely not enough. That's probably an hour or less on each and frankly it takes longer than that to learn a plane. Of course, you may not like jets at all. I wasn't too impressed either at first sight, but a day on each might be more likely to let you know what they can or cannot do. The point to remember is that there wouldn't have been anything at all forthcoming from the Maddox team - they've moved onto the next sim.

B
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Approved Member

You'd have saved yourself a lot of time and nerves, if you'd just stick to the prop-planes instead of posting this here. No matter what your feelings about the IL2-series are at a whole, bashing a part of it, that you don't like quite naturally provokes similar responses against you, from people who do like them.

Nobody cares if you wear nice shoes, if you kick him with it. Just don't and live with it. Or better without it in that case.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ala13_Kokakolo View Post
Kira, sorry but as I stated before i love everything else from this game except the fantasy planes. that's why i stated 4.07. I wanted to make clear I love the rest and actualy i've just write a post about how fantastic 4.09 beta is and how excited i'm about this future map. I have been all day trying different jets and it seems to me they are pointless. Just that.
Hi

Il2:1946 is more than some planes you don't like. There are missions and campaigns that do not use those planes, as well as objects that are used in mission building, that have nothing to do with the planes you don't like. I also think there may be some maps

Il2:1946 was not even supposed to be released for any market except Russia. Instead, we in the "West" got three projects that you might actually think is "4.07" becasue they all shipped as the boxed version of "Il-2 Sturmovik:1946". The naming conventions lead to a LOT of confusion on this point, but what you think is "4.07" probably actually contains the following three projects:

Pe-2
Sturmoviks over Manchuria
Il2:1946

Il2:1946 (which is actually the 4.07, SoM is 4.06 and Pe-2 is 4.05) also contains more planes than just fantasy aircraft. Have a nice day
Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

For those who doesn`t know... Pe-2, IL-10 and 1946 addons were planned for Russia only, originally UBI was not interested... Due to western community requests UBI decided to publish them... So rubbish or not...it`s here...
Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

No its not, its fantastic.

Sure some Western folks would prefer the SPitfire XIV, Typhoon, B17, Lanc etc, but its a RUssian sim.

How many Western sims have the amount of RUssian planes that IL2 has Western planes?

None.

Besides, there is more than just the added planes in the latest patches, theres a load of objects/maps/flight model improvements/improved graphics etc etc etc.

Last edited by Xiola; 05-12-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

I am glad we have the latest releases. If you don't like 4.07, then download 4.08. Try it, it's free.
No matter what you do, someone will ALWAYS complain. If you don't like Il2, there are other alternatives...and they aren't too good in my opinion.