Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Approved Member

Default Trackir

Does COD support trackir ??
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

I am sure that it will. However this thread could turn into "its a hack, no it isnt" thread. Please dont do it again guys. (you know who you are)
Old 03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Yes it does, all six degrees of freedom too.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for a quick reply Dano yipee.
DD crash im sorry if have posted something in the wrong place or something
Old 03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

Hi darky1 the where 2 threads about freetrack and will CoD support it.At least 1 went over sixty pages arguing if freetrack was a hack of TrackIR. It got very boring and silly
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

I also read that there will be some form of 'axis limitations' to embody a more realistic viewing capability. That will be interesting and look forward to player feedback if that is correct/accurate.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

OK Thank you DD crash.
I cant wait for this, im now wishing the rest of this month away
Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

dont do it, life is too precious
Old 03-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
I also read that there will be some form of 'axis limitations' to embody a more realistic viewing capability. That will be interesting and look forward to player feedback if that is correct/accurate.
I think you mean the modeling of the effect straps/belts have on the pilot. It was a screenshot/video frame from an update thread or one of the gaming expos the game was showcased at that revealed this initially, one that was showing part of the keybinding commands list.

Apparently there is a key command to loosen or tighten your straps: with the straps tightened your pilot's ability to look around is restricted but he suffers less from being thrown around during maneuvers (less camera shake), if you loosen them you have more freedom of movement to look around but you might have trouble aiming during a high G pull up as the pilot is pushed down into his seat.

There is also a difficulty option called anthropomorphic modeling. This models the pilot as having only two hands and being able to manipulate no more than two controls at the same time as a result.

Let's take a landing approach for example in an aircraft with manual landing gear operation (like the Wildcat or the I16 for example). In IL2 we can fly the aircraft during the approach, press the flaps key and then repeatedly slam the gear down key with one finger while simultaneously moving the throttle and every single command is registered by the game and acted upon.

In CoD it will not work if anthropomorphic modeling is enabled. As long as you are operating other systems the game realizes that one of your hands is occupied, so you will be unable to move the levers in the throttle quadrant (i guess that since flying the aircraft is the most important thing, it will do its best to leave you in control of the stick, that's why i assume it's the throttle you will lose control of). You might be moving your throttles in reality but the game will not accept the command until your "virtual hand" is freed from manually cranking the landing gear down.

It's all these little details that will make the title shine and give us a proper idea of the real workload involved in flying a warbird, plus it will level the playing field between high performance complex aircraft and lower performance but fully automated ones.