Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
BigPickle

Default Is CoD User Moddable

Will this game be openly user moddable? I do recall some mention of skinning and user created content but my interest is in the wonderful sound mods that were made for the last game.
I know that it started off from a hack of the code which was a great shame as it ment never any official support.
So is this option open for people to produce sound mods for CoD?

I'm asking because at the moment with IL2 46 I use "Tigers Ultimate Sound Mod" and it is leterally quite stunning, and part of me feels maybe the new game might be a step down in the sound department compared to this sound mod, as we have not heard any ingame sound yet.

I'm holding out hope that the games sounds will be great but the choice to sound mod would be very exciting, especially to see what the community could produce.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

No disrespect but: DUH!
Skinning, 3rd party development, Mods etc. it's all there
Old 03-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

Jafa is the master. I love everything he does

I think CoD will be somewhat moddable, just not yet. Numerous tasks (such as skinning, making campaigns, and possibly some sound mods) will be abundant, but many larger things (like maps, aircraft, FM changes, cockpits) will not be very moddable by the community. I reallly think Maddox Games is going to be the main source of content for this sim, as well as some 3rd party stuff. This is because Oleg wants control of what gets added in for the best quality possible. Besides, if you think about it, not very much needs modded anyways. Most mods for 1946 were made to enhance the graphical experience. However, with CoD the experience is already going to be awesome! Be sure.

Edit: I've just got to ask BigPickle... Have you seen the leaked in-game vid? I very much like the CoD engine sounds opposed to any sound mods I've used in 1946. So much better IMO.
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -

Last edited by Tacoma74; 03-08-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

but i dont think in the mentioned way to replace the stock sounds with "Mod"-sounds...

we will see actually.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM
BigPickle

yeah thats what I hope to be able to make a sound replacement mod.

No havent seen a leaked video!!! where can i see it?
Old 03-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

It's been hinted many times in the past that modding will be handled differently and there will be built-in support for that in the new engine. I don't know exactly what or how it will work, but some time after the release an SDK will be available for people to mess around in.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma74 View Post
Edit: I've just got to ask BigPickle... Have you seen the leaked in-game vid? I very much like the CoD engine sounds opposed to any sound mods I've used in 1946. So much better IMO.
Didn't Luthier post that the leaked videos were using work-in-progress sounds, not the final version? I may be wrong, but I think I remember that.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 PM
BigPickle

please some one put me out of my misery, where can i find these videos?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

One of them, suprisingly it's still on youtube, couldn't find the other one though.

Last edited by GnigruH; 03-09-2011 at 01:00 PM.