Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Registered Member

Thanks. I actually found both mine detectors (the one in the truck and the one from the Germans). I do double click on the mine detector. Even for both soldiers that have it. They walk really slow with their mine detectors. I have them walk north and south on that road and they dont seem to do anything.

The failure for the 2nd part occurs after the cutscene with the timed explosions. We are getting ready to invade... I click continue and I get a fail showing how many infantry and vehicle casualties. I killed no more than 7 or 8 the last time around to see if that was the issue, but it isn't. I'm thinking something isn't right with the installation.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

I had a bad installation. I re-installed the game and everything worked the way it should.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

I can't beat the Sevastopol mission (6th Soviet). It's the only one I've had trouble with (on Easy) and it's ludicrous. The AT guns are big fat targets that can't even penetrate the Pz. IV's armor from the sides, the enemy human wave is staggering and any countermeasures I buy get blasted by sniper tanks, artillery or aircraft. I held until the 8th ship, but when the 3 extra tanks came in, they got blown up within 20 seconds by track-disabled tanks because that's the most I can do unless they get close enough to the trenches for AT grenades. The OP guide mentions friendly aircraft, but the mission says nothing of the sort.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Approved Member

For reference to capture an assault gun where you cannot smash its turret the procedure is to take off a single track and move your guys out of the assault gun / tank destroyers viewcone and attention span.
The result from that is that you can sneak up a single infantry man from behind and sit there waiting, the crew will think it is safe and pop out to fix the damaged track.
And as they do, you kill them one by one until the tank is empty.

For Sevastopol, the only way to survive is to hide your AT guns, aim for the turretof the Panzers and try to avoid smashing their tracks.
Get a guy in them and fast track them behind your lines and make quick repairs before you move them back up again for defending.
Tank theft is the best way, especially since you are in 90% of the cases under armored
Old 07-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDR Sweeper View Post

For Sevastopol, the only way to survive is to hide your AT guns, aim for the turretof the Panzers and try to avoid smashing their tracks.
Get a guy in them and fast track them behind your lines and make quick repairs before you move them back up again for defending.
Tank theft is the best way, especially since you are in 90% of the cases under armored
Thanks, I didn't know about AT camo. But I managed to do it without tank stealing. The key for the first objective is lots of infantry holding on for dear life. If you hold until ordered to pull back, you can then call in T-34s and better AT guns, which can kill tanks much more easily.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

For some reason when i take out the armored vehicle no new objectives are given and I stuck doing nothing, why is it doing that?

This is for the first mission