Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

How long does it take in "Moscow is Behind Us" for them to complete the defensive line??? I played for over half an hour (SEVERAL TIMES, RESTARTED the mission, etc.) and it never tells me to fall back! Frustrating...

I look and there is no one laying mines or putting up 'tank blockers', so I'm assuming they are 'done', yet I retreat to the trenches and I get the "mission failed" message. UGH! Ideas?
Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgOne1971 View Post
How long does it take in "Moscow is Behind Us" for them to complete the defensive line??? I played for over half an hour (SEVERAL TIMES, RESTARTED the mission, etc.) and it never tells me to fall back! Frustrating...

I look and there is no one laying mines or putting up 'tank blockers', so I'm assuming they are 'done', yet I retreat to the trenches and I get the "mission failed" message. UGH! Ideas?
Just stay in the unfinished trenches.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Registered Member

Many thanks for your work!
Regards from Santiago, Chile
Rustico31
Old 09-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgOne1971 View Post

Are you losing all your men in the process? idk why iot doesnt update but I do it does update when you lose a certain amount of men.....you ahve to try and hold out for as long as possible but it eventually says "Hold the line until the defensive line is complete' or something like that and you can go back.

Also, if you ever do manage to get to the 2nd part, guard the dam on the side of the map. With a little bit of precise driving (Between the rocks on the corner of the cliff...they are spaced just far enough apart to get a car up the side) you can get a BT7 and that BA11 up the cliff to guard the bridge and ambush the men in the little village. Makes for an easy defense up there.

Keep your T34s back and try to keep them alive...they die easy even in those tank trenches to the stubby 75s hah
Old 10-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Default Fuel

Is there any way to renew fuel during a mission?
Old 10-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojan View Post
Is there any way to renew fuel during a mission?
Yes you can. You need to find a gas can or barrel. Not all missions have either one.

Last edited by kane1; 10-24-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

nice guide, i am new and actualy was wondering what i have to realy do in mission 2 ... the guy was talking about mining area but wtf are the mines ;p
Actualy i found out that tanks are main danger and focused on destroying them and i won on the last seconds, they were at station but train left Gonna to play it again now with understanding how it works.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

The mines are located where your reserve troops are, they should be in crates, which will be marked.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Default Frustration...

I started playing Men of War last week and have gotten to the mission "Behind Enemy Lines" I'm able to get 3 of 4 secondary objectives. The only one that eludes me are the mines. I can't find a single one? When I approach the area it prompts to look for mines and look for a mine detector from the Germans if I dont have one.

From what I see on the screen there are distinct areas where to look shown by the red arrows. I have the mine detector out (He walks very slow by the way) Do I need to click to find the mines? Is there any indication that a mine has been found? I never see engineers putting mines in the road. Is this something that needs to be triggered somehow?

The reason why this is so frustrating is because even though I have all the other objectives completed including the main one, I get an automatic fail. It shows me losses on both sides like I've played the mission. I do see the cinematic sequences leading up to the siege at dawn but right when the action starts... it says I've failed.

Anyone run into this?
Old 02-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Approved Member

Do you actually have the mine detector? You have to have it in the inventory of a soldier, then you double click it and he gets it out, then tell him to walk up and down the road, the mines auto detect if you encounter any. Also, the failure, it is failing the get past the defense line? If so, stop killing so many guys. Your supposed to sneak, sabotage vehicles and defenses and kill as little as possible. You can only kill like 40 guys or something. You get a warning when your close to failing. Something about "were leaving tomuch evidence, any more and the Germans will call for reinforcements" If you get that, stop killing people...you'll get a fail after like 3 more kills. I just avoid the mine objective all together. There is a mine detector in the truck you start by if I remember right. Ive modded my missions so I dont recall whats actually in that truck.