Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Is the last German mission winnable?

I don't know why, I have restarted this mission 5 times and each time the moment my Tiger gets swamped all hell breaks loose. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this mission?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

Try to call arty on those Brit mortars at the beginning. Keep calling infantry squads and armored cars to aid the defense and bombard the crowded areas with you destroyer. Call a PaK when possible and at the first stage of the battle dont bother saving your points for tanks, you'll be overrun before you can get your hands on one. I dont know if flares can be of any use but I kept throwing them on the Brits to light up the area. Try to hold ground as long as possible but you'll be overrun eventually.

Last edited by thanghq; 04-10-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

flares are very important since you can see where the enemy is and take it out. but you cant really "win" this missions. sooner or later they'll overrun you and sometimes a cut sequence is triggered. you then take control of the units that were behind your last frontline. but dont worry just try oto hold them back as long as possible but you cnt stop them, just delay them.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Default Last German Mission

Thanks for the suggestions. I will follow it.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

I couldn't hold the first line, but stood my ground a the second line.
With the 2 extra flaks 88, the small flaks. those helped a lot. and save your mortar, helps tonnes.
use a scout car to transfer ammo from the back.
in the end, i noticed the where heavy artillery guns, but I didn't use them.

When the missiong stops; I had 3 pvIVG, 1 tiger, 2 flaks en several captured allied tanks; 2 churchill VII heavies -->They don't have a heavy gun, but heavy superb armour.

only thing i couldn't do is do destroy the rockect launchers in time, in the mini-mission. I alway manage to get 2, but before I can kill the last one, it start's firing. any help here?
Old 04-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

I got the snipers to kill the officer first when I heard one of the soldiers said so. Then I moved to the bank and take cover there then showered them with grenades. Don't worry about your left flank since there is an AI soldier there to draw the enemy's attention (don't know how or why he's there though).
You only need to kill the crews (all those soldiers standing on the pier) to complete your objective. Don't bother destroying the launchers since the blast will throw your men back, even into the water below. After that you'll see a cutsence, then back to the main battle.

Last edited by thanghq; 04-12-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

i did the mission without retreating to the second line, however, it was ridiculously hard, i saved almost every minute and reloaded the game 200 times to avoid tank casualties.

at the beginning of the mission i pulled my forces from the trenches behind the buildings in the village to avoid as much mortar fire as possible. i placed all the troops i could right behind the buildings and the rest to the round stoned area that provided cover thoughout the mission. i placed the tiger approximately to the center of the square so it could fire to tanks comming from both directions and remained hidden. this part of the front did not change too much i just ordered 1 panzer ivf as soon as it was possible along with an armoured car and pulled the soldiers from the buildings to the round stoned cover to the rest. later i captured 5 tanks in total (2 churchills, 1 matilda, 1 crusader and 1 of the medium tanks, i dunno the name). the tiger eventually run out of ammunition(!!!!!!) so i moved it to the right behind the barricade and used as anti personnel weapon.

as for the western part i think the key was to pull all forces near to the quad flak gun except 3 soldiers with at grenades, i moved them to the left near the walls in cover. these were crucial in destroying the mortar that was placed to the left at the beginning.

i shelled the mortars as somebody pointed out, taking these little rats as early as possible can save a lot of soldiers.

i ordered panzer iv f-s to 4 places in the game: to the extreme left to reinforce the heavy flak gun but it was also able to fire to the entrance of the oil storage facility(?), to the right of the quad (light) flak gun, to the square of the village and to the far right, however it was not necessary. instead of pak guns i ordered armoured cars to take car of the enemy infantry and infantry to pin down the enemy and capture enemy tanks (this was the hardest of all but absolute necessary).

successfully completing the side quest with the rocket launchers is also an absolute must as you can obliterate the enemy in the trenches thus gaining enourmous advantage.

i think i made 3 mistakes:
1. not ordering pak guns at all early in the game (though i suggest to order panzers as they are far more durable and they have anti aircraft machine gun that helps against the infantry)
2. not capturing any tanks in the far left, this would have been an enormous help
3. allowing my mortar to be destroyed early in the game (it fired to the building it was behind and the explosion destroyed it, epic fail)

the mission ends when you successfully defended the center of the village for more than 10 minutes (but this objective triggers after around 40 minutes after the rocket launcher side quest)

Last edited by geroj; 08-30-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

I had trouble with this mission too. Very hard. Took me a couple of tries to beat it.

At the start of the game I made sure to destroy the mortars. They are annoying as hell and will kill all of your infantery if you don't destroy them.

I retreated to the second line just before they come with the heavier tanks. About that time my tiger ran out of ammunition.
There is a destroyed tiger somewhere and it's inventory has ammunition for your tiger! Use a vehicle to transfer the ammunition to your tiger. That definately helped me, because the tiger is almost indestructable. I repositioned my tiger to the 2nd line on top of the hill.

I aimed for the enemy tank turrets because there is a bigger chance I could capture them. I had about 4 or 5 captured tanks in the end. The guns on them are not that great but the armour is ok and they make a good distraction. Also, their mg's help kill infantery.

The flak cannon on the left was of great help. Accurate and could take out most tanks with 1 shot. If you destroy a part of the wall with an at grenade or HE round you can cover the entrance to the pit with the fuel tanks with that flak.

Make sure you call in reinforcements before you need them, because it takes a while for them to arrive.

The house with the radio operator on the southern (?) part of the map has boxes with ammunition, sandbags, mines and other stuff.

My strategy was to save every time my tank destroyed on of theirs and survived. Going to slow-motion mode helped also . If my tank got destroyed then I'd reload.

At some point in time a side mission is triggered where you have to destroy the rocket emplacements. For some reason all my captured tanks were repositioned to the right side of the map after I had finished that mission.

Hope this helps new players.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

Anyone able to finish the secondary objective, "If possible, keep the coastal air defenses intact."?

v1.17.5

Here's a screenshot where my forces start the scripted retreat and after Borg's last speech and cutscene this objective doesn't register...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mow 2012-07-02 22-19-41-21.jpg (169.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

The last German mission is not "winnable" in the traditional sense....you "win" by simply holding out long enough and falling back in an orderly enough fashion to do w/e is required to run w/e hidden timer this mission has....once you get clear to the back of the map, at some point the mission will say...you gotta leave africa, and what not and then it ends....so in short, you win by losing.....just a controlled Loss...