Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 02-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

Default Garrisoning buildings

So, I really like the garrison function in this game; I find it to be highly intuitive and yet intricate; given that you're able to select which windows and holes to fire out of, thus giving you a proper field of view and more to think about when arranging your troops.

However, I really don't understand at all how to garrison two-story buildings. On many occasions I'm playing a defense map and am given a gigantic two-story structure overlooking a critical defensive avenue that I would just love to fill up with a billion riflemen, but whenever I order them inside the roof doesn't disappear and I can't really see what I'm doing.

If I zoom in, I can sort of see inside, but I'm not given the ability to have my men set up at windows - the "ghosts" don't show up that indicate they're behind cover. I also can't seem to get them to go up stairs for the life of me.

Is there something I'm missing, or some sort of trick to this? It's really getting on my nerves.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

There are very few two story buildings that you can garrison.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Why are most of them inaccessible? I've seen several such two-story buildings with CPU troops garrisoning the upper floors.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Approved Member

Yeah really, I wish the building garrisoning was a bit more easy to manage.......as for the 2 story ungarrisonable buildings..yeah its lame. There is a huge Chateau id love to put as a primary objective in my campaign but sadly noone can go in it.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Approved Member

Good point you got here. It could be so good if we could garrison the upper floors.