Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 09-05-2010, 04:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightFandragon View Post
Damn, just watching that video makes me never want to play that mission...ive nto played RT but wow....you didnt have even half the red dots off the minimap and all you had left was like 7 guys and a Tank............
the real toruble is not shown in the video... the "guerrillas war" what you have to do after the shells from the cannon are out. killling house by house, mg by mg in a german infested map...its a lot work. A lot time needed for that.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the playthrough video, patric. It's been quite a while since I beat the mission, but your recap brought back great memories. "Key to Kerch" is undoubtedly difficult and seemingly impossible for newcomers, yet it's a tip of the hat to all veterans of the series. Still, the map's not only quite possible to beat, but also incredibly fun.

Yes, my squad crawled around on their bellies more often than I'd like to admit. All the same, I intuitively followed the strategy your video suggests: after parking the main force in safe positions, I assembled a team consisting of a squad leader, a sniper, an AT buster, and two heavy MG gunners and infiltrated the enemy's right defenses.

First, we silenced the STUG once and for all. Afterwards, we continued operating behind enemy lines, taking out troops and guard towers in commando fashion. Our final assault was a carbon copy of your attack on the church, destroying the tanks and capturing the arty.

After that, the mission was a breeze. Not fast, not easy, yet fun and offering an incredible sense of satisfaction once the smoke cleared. Imo, one of more memorable missions of the franchise.

Last edited by Slowhand; 09-18-2010 at 03:43 PM.