Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies

Death to Spies Stealth action. Professional spy working for the Soviet counterintelligence service executes dangerous operations in the heart of German territory.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Default Resolution Issue

Alright, this sounds real stupid and but it happened to me anyway, i thought i was all cool putting the game in 1600x1200, instead of hitting apply I hit OK and now every time i open it up, my monitor goes in standby mode and i feel like QQing all over the floor. I uninstalled the game about 10 times hoping something would happen and it'd fix itself, i cleaned my registry and everything, i was hoping there was some sort of way i could change the resolution of the game ithout going into it, or perhaps setting it back to default or just so I could do something to get back into the game so i could change the graphics settings, please let me know guys thanks

core i7 920 @ 2.67 ghz 6gigs of ddr3 ram Vista 64 bit edition Gtx 285
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Approved Member

Have you tried changing the settings using the SmershSetup.exe from the game's directory?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

Zohaib, just delete file smersh.shadvs from your profile (for example, <your_name>\Documents\My Games\Death to Spies\smersh.shadvs).
Old 04-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered Member

holy crap, thanks it worked but heres the thing, i can run like a bunch of other games on higher resolutions (my monitor is 21 inches apple crt) such as counter-strike source, l4d farcry 2, but i cant even run this game at 1280x1024, what gives? can i do anything to force a resolution>?

EDIT: Lol, i can only run this game at 1280x800, it's funny how i got a better computer now that like rapes crysis but i can't play this good ol game at the resolution i used to be able to play it with my ati x1900 pro AGP

is it possible that some video cards restrict certain resolutions? if so, why?

Last edited by Zohaib; 04-26-2009 at 10:40 AM. Reason: im gay
Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohaib View Post
EDIT: Lol, i can only run this game at 1280x800
Try to use SmershSetup.exe and manually force "Hz" from Auto to some value, ex. 60 hz.