Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Death to Spies

Death to Spies Stealth action. Professional spy working for the Soviet counterintelligence service executes dangerous operations in the heart of German territory.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I tend to use the knife and silenced pistol most often.
As far as chloro/choke goes, sneak can work on moving targets but you have to be really careful and have ALOT of time. You need to learn their route perfectly and be in the best spot to move out as soon as possible. That by itself can be a challenge, but you also need to know all the sight lines to that targets route as well, so nobody notices you sneaking up on the target. It's doable, but if you can find an isolated target to get the appropriate uniform, it's almost worth it to go clear across the map to find it.
For example, on that Russian village one where you need the kill the 3 targets, I ended up having to go all the way to the back of the village (north end) along the river, taking out lone sentries along the way. The maps are well set up to make moves like this possible. That was the only way I could get an officers uniform. Even doing that I had to use smoke and quick pistol shots to multiple targets (never the best situation) and a run with a quick sneak to choke out the officer. Difficult for sure but I must say that's what makes the game so great.

So far there's only been one mission I wasn't that fond of (the school academy level). Just started the sniper/bridge mission and that adds another new dimension to the game using long range and short range maneuvers and concerns. Awesome start to that mission, we'll see how it goes.

Very challenging game and well done overall. Good customer support so far as well.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

also run in crouch mode ( 'C' by defaults ) work on moving targets, you have enough time to chloro/use fiber before enemy turn around to you..
Old 10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

I just finished yesterday evening and can say only one thing : THERE SHOULD BE MORE GAMES RELEASED LIKE THIS

Just make the Germans speak better German.

BTW , I'm a avid Thief (Dark Project) player and fan.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Thank you, man. Happy that you liked the game.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Well the game is OK but it could be 10 times better if you could play in first person view, there is also some features that could be better like...using windows that are open to enter/exit, when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.

Ceano , are you dumping your backpack and russian weapon ? , hide any weapon when moving around.
With the correct uniform i dident found any problem.
You right about climbing through windows do or cutthroat a ennemie through a window
IMO 1STPV would be a nice addon but not absolutely neccesary.

BTW , I'm making known your game through a few gamer forums.
Lets hope the DVD version will be quickly available through the distributors channels, some people i know, cannot download such a huge files or buy online.

BTW dunno if i can say this but Nobilis sucks, i send 2 mails asking to preorder this game, the first reply was that they would only sell to France Metropolitaine, the second reply , another person, replied the game was already available at the stores.
No mention whatsooever about Gamersgate.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:31 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for making our game known, it's a good help. Well, the game will be out on 26th of October.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balbaro
Quote:
when you have taken some enemy clothes you should not be detected so easy like you are now...there is almost no point in changing clothes.

Ceano , are you dumping your backpack and russian weapon ? , hide any weapon when moving around.
With the correct uniform i dident found any problem.
You right about climbing through windows do or cutthroat a ennemie through a window
IMO 1STPV would be a nice addon but not absolutely neccesary.
Yes the backpack I'm dumping and I'm using the weapon from the soldier i have overtaken + uniform (and i have the weapons holstered or/and on shoulder), what do you mean with correct clothes? in level 2 i have tried 3 different soldier outfit and still the major Germans has red arrows and will detect me as soon as they see me.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Ceano : Try to find a officers uniform, with a simple soldiers uniform much more ennemies will recognize you as a spy.

Even with a officers uniform some officers will detect you, in a way it makes sense, in real life those guys often know each other, thats why i like this game so much , i find a lot of stuff really good.

I know its not easy to find a officer willing to lend you his uniform

Use the ingame map a lot to detect the field of view of potential dangerous (red) ennemies.

I find this ingame map is something wich his missing in Hitman, you never know when you will be spotted or not.

I found out that a not to nearby soldier will find the body of his mate much quicker when you stay close to the body, again makes sense, when someone's looking at you, he'll look at the surrounding around you more intent then if you where not standing there, after wacking someone, move away from the body as quickly as possible.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

I truly like this game, but do think it is sometimes just too difficult. When spotted close by, I just can not run quickly enough to knock out the guard that spotted me. The option to knock him out is just not there, so I have to resort to my gun, which is all in all too slow. In splintercell (I like to compare with that gameseries), I could run toward the spotter and quickly knee of knife him with just a mouseclick. No pressing a number-key first to arm myself. Whether this is realistic is debatable, but the SC-way is immensely more playable. Also, I can not program any of my 5 mouse-buttons, only left- and rightclick.

Now, if knocking/knifing/chloroforming/choking could be integrated with with a single click of the left and/or right mousebutton like in the SC-series, it would make the game a lot more playable (sales go up!) and less arbitrary. Then, when you DO get spotted, you can still save yourself. Now, I feel that when spotted, I might as well reload my last save.