Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-28-2021, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

New patch is here:

version Third Quarter r5

1.Assassins' talent "Shadow Cloak" is disable in the day. When in stealth, Assassins' critical hit has an extremely low chance of instantly killing the target.

2.Spell "Target" no longer affects eyeless creatures.

3.Reworked/Buffed/Nerfed several items.
——Cloak of Shadows: allied Assassins no longer break stealth when they attack or use a talent.
——Dragon Toy: pet dragon's offensive abilities have a chance of Critical Hit.
——Chieftain's Belt: Reduces the attack of enemy robbers, pirates and Vikings of level 1-3 by 20%. It may be usefull in the early game.
——Straw Hat: Allied Peasants will be less likely targeted if the enemies can attack other troops. It works properly now.
——Shark's Tooth: +1 Physical Damage to allied Devilfish.
——Staff of Insanity: +30% power of the spell "Berserker".
——Madman Set: one random enemy troop who is not immune to mind effects goes insane at the beginning of battle.
——Woolen Dress: 50% less chance of receiving the "Freeze" effect, instead of freeze immunity.
——Ice Dragon Amulet: the super "Freeze" effect only works in snowy terrain now.
——Princess Set: halved the bonus.
——Set of the Virgin: reduced the bonus.

4.Removed the leadership requirement of Winged Shadows' talent "Embrace of Death". Fixed Winged Shadows' AI.

Last edited by zhoudaohan; 02-28-2021 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Upgrade Tree - "Help of gremlins" feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoudaohan View Post
That system needs too many work. In my design, different units have their own upgrade trees. When a troop get promoted, it may even acquire new talents.

I will only consider starting to work on it when I have enough time and resource.
If you need some help, zhoudaohan, for this or for the "help of gremlins" feature, you can count on me. Tell me what do you need for saving your time and which resources do you need.
I'm not a programmer, but I can learn fast.
And I can try to find what do you need, in every case. Thank you.
Your work is ...super. Thank you for keeping alive this gem.

Thank you
Old 03-02-2021, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Nice you keep updating indeed. seems like you are nerfing quite some items. Lets see how it plays out.

2 small notes:
1. Archmage gets no morale bonus from the Bill gilbert portrait.
2. the assassin set: seems like it gives only a straight +1 attack point, instead of 20%.

I did not yet check the cold effect and if it became -2 speed now..

I love the idea that certain units gather experience and mature with new abilities - it really adds to replayability. in a way, the dragon pet choice already lets you choose a preferred play-through.

Zhoudaohan: what do you reckon; it seems like so much of battle statistics are tracked (all, basically). Could we add like a 'Book of Statistics' or Battle Diary' in the inventory which lists many statistics, like number of battles, the number of enemies, which ones and such. we could even create a dialogue/quest around that with the Weapon Master.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

the assassin critical hit instant kill is a nice addition!
Old 04-01-2021, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

I think it's time to put an end to this mod.
I started to work on it when Hunter, who was my lover, was introduced to play KBCW two and a half years ago. I knew nothing about coding at that time and it was so sweet to learn how to bring new things to the game and enjoy them together with Hunter.
I love several fairy tale stories from KB series, but not every story has a happy ending.

I'm still glad if you ever enjoyed my mod. Thank you all.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I started to work on it when Hunter, who was my lover, was introduced to play KBCW two and a half years ago. I knew nothing about coding at that time and it was so sweet to learn how to bring new things to the game and enjoy them together with Hunter.
I love several fairy tale stories from KB series, but not every story has a happy ending.

So sad to see the end of such great mod.
I hope this is April fool's joke.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Well... I hope this is April fool's joke, as said fatemoe!

If not, thank you zhoudaohan for your work, your time, your creativity, your skills and your kindness.
This mode is the best King's Bounty mod ever, I think, and gave new life to the saga. I wish you the best.
The happy ending will come for you, sooner or later; you only need patience.

Thank you, zhoudaohan, from me and from my children; your mod gave them ideas for stories, drawing, card games home-made and, most of all, inspiration and fun!
Have a good life! Thank you!
Old 04-08-2021, 06:20 AM
Approved Member

It's only the end of this mod but not the end of KB's mod.
I like KB: The Legend most but it lacks several QoL improvements, so I decided to work on another mod which lets us play KB: The Legend on the platform of KBAP.
I encountered a few hardcoded problems and I emailed 1C for help three weeks ago, but haven't got a reply yet.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Default Bugs

Hello, thanks for the amazing mod, it's a blast playing it! Although I know you said that you are done with the mod I would like to ask you wheter you could fix some bugs in the game. I basically encountered 3 issues.

1) Raging Barbarians bug the game - if they are present in enemy army, after the first round the AI bugs out and all units are just forced to wait/defend. Also after the fight I sometimes cannot move (saving after battle and loading helps).

2) XP after battle isn't displayed at all - instead of showing up how much XP i got only "[] NF" is displayed. Also I'm not sure if I am recieving the correct ammount of XP as it seems to be rather low.

3) Shamans are bugged - after they used either of their abilities, the game crashes.

I can provide you screenshots/safe files if you want to. I would be really glad if you could fix those problems
Old 06-06-2021, 06:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade3 View Post
Hello, thanks for the amazing mod, it's a blast playing it! Although I know you said that you are done with the mod I would like to ask you wheter you could fix some bugs in the game. I basically encountered 3 issues.

1) Raging Barbarians bug the game - if they are present in enemy army, after the first round the AI bugs out and all units are just forced to wait/defend. Also after the fight I sometimes cannot move (saving after battle and loading helps).

2) XP after battle isn't displayed at all - instead of showing up how much XP i got only "[] NF" is displayed. Also I'm not sure if I am recieving the correct ammount of XP as it seems to be rather low.

3) Shamans are bugged - after they used either of their abilities, the game crashes.

I can provide you screenshots/safe files if you want to. I would be really glad if you could fix those problems

I don't think these issues exist. If you have other mods installed, make a clean re-installation.