Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Default Dropping bomb at low altitude

Hi,

I don't know if it's a realistic feature or a bug, but is it normal that when you drop a bomb at low altitude (near ground) it doesn't explode?

For example, if I want to do a fast bombing run with a fighter and drop my bomb (with 3 sec. delay) from 150m above ground, it will do nothing.

Thank you
Old 01-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Approved Member

You may not be giving your bomb enough time to arm. Press the tab key and it should give you the minimum height for whichever fuse setting you choose.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

Depends from bomb caliber and fuse type ... and you mean it happens with Soviet bombs? right?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
Hi,

I don't know if it's a realistic feature or a bug, but is it normal that when you drop a bomb at low altitude (near ground) it doesn't explode?

For example, if I want to do a fast bombing run with a fighter and drop my bomb (with 3 sec. delay) from 150m above ground, it will do nothing.

Thank you
It depends. Which nationality the fuse has and weight of bomb -also type of fuse, delay or low-level.
If it isn't absolutely crucial for you to have the bomb go off 3 secs after drop, use the low-level fuse and set the delay ~20 secs, then usually drop alt is very low, usually suitable for even the lowest runs - it is still possible to drop too low then, check min drop alt with the tab key.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Approved Member

Thank you

It was with P39.