Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 11-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

Default I got a plane wish list:

Is there any chance the following Axis bombers will be added to the flyable/crewable list:

He-177;

Ki67 Hiryu-'Peggy'.

P1-Y 'Ginga'-aka: the Frances

Thanks ahead of time

nickthegreek
Old 11-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

I believe that the plan is for the He-177 to be flyable with the 4.14 patch.

For the other planes, keep in mind that while it would be wonderful if they were added to the game, multi-crew planes take a lot of work - both as AI and flyable.

AI models take longer because those planes are more complex - more engines, more guns, more crew, more animated parts, more payloads, more complex damage model.

Flyable multi-crew aircraft take huge amounts of time because each crew station has to be modeled. Typically, that means lots of animation - things like moving needles on gauges, guns that swing and eject brass, and working bomb and gun sights.

In some cases, lack of necessary information - like manuals and detailed illustrations of equipment or the plane's interior - it's impossible to make accurate models.

That's a whole lot of specialized man hours using expensive software (3ds Max), with lots of rare and sometimes pricy references. Almost all of the planes added since DT took over development of the series have been created as "labors of love" by volunteers.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
I believe that the plan is for the He-177 to be flyable with the 4.14 patch.

For the other planes, keep in mind that while it would be wonderful if they were added to the game, multi-crew planes take a lot of work - both as AI and flyable.

AI models take longer because those planes are more complex - more engines, more guns, more crew, more animated parts, more payloads, more complex damage model.

Flyable multi-crew aircraft take huge amounts of time because each crew station has to be modeled. Typically, that means lots of animation - things like moving needles on gauges, guns that swing and eject brass, and working bomb and gun sights.

In some cases, lack of necessary information - like manuals and detailed illustrations of equipment or the plane's interior - it's impossible to make accurate models.

That's a whole lot of specialized man hours using expensive software (3ds Max), with lots of rare and sometimes pricy references. Almost all of the planes added since DT took over development of the series have been created as "labors of love" by volunteers.
Glad to hear about the He177; as for the rest, well...that's the way it goes, I guess. I am content to wait.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for your response; I figured it was a lot of work to craft a new aircraft & crew position.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for your prompt reply; I very much appreciate the effort on the part of the modders to create these lovely aircraft models--and if it's not meant to be (yet) I understand.

NM
Old 01-14-2017, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthegreek1961 View Post
Is there any chance the following Axis bombers will be added to the flyable/crewable list:

He-177;

Ki67 Hiryu-'Peggy'.

P1-Y 'Ginga'-aka: the Frances

Thanks ahead of time

nickthegreek
As Pursuivant said, the HE-177 Greif is on it's way.

And for your information there is a thread already for plane requests. There you can have a look at whats beeing requested and add requests of your own:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229597

Cheers!