Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 11-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

Therefore, for whom you are creating only "overpowered" mods - only for your fans?

Again, what is the problem with two versions:

1. your "overpowered" for fun and

2. "balanced" for not "fun" players?

Or much better: maybe carefully see the pcbun answer for my question:

"I can't do it myself, and now like N3MES1S I see that current "fun" version with too fast exp gain is really too powerful and imbalanced for real KBAP players, especially in middle game units become "terminators" of the strongest 5 lvl enemy units. And in middle game I have 6 stacks of max 20 lvl troops... too many too easy too fast. I think only one especially selected fighting troop would be able to achieve 20 lvl in middle game.
And maybe extend max level maybe to 40 (with new abilities or seldom gain - every 10 lvl not 5) - it is dissapointing that in middle game the selected unit have max lvl, and further lvl up is not possible."

and good pcbun balance solution for ALL KB individual players:

"I can give you some quick note, but I won't do the balancing job.

edit:
expratio=1
set it to for example 0.1 will make exp increase 10 time slower.

if you want more lvl, here are the line
lvlmax={20,20,20,20,20,10,10,10,60}
while first five 20 are the max lvl of lvl 1-5 creatures, you can set the number max at 35

local lvlexp={500,1000,1500,2000,3000 ,5000,7500,10000,12500,15000 ,20000,25000,30000,40000,50000 ,60000,70000,80000,90000,100000 ,1100000,1200000,130000,140000,150000 ,160000,170000,180000,190000,20000 ,210000,220000,230000,240000,250000}
they are the exp need for each lvl. Adding value after it can increase in the max value(35) of maxlvl you can set.

lvlpenalty=0
set it to for example 5, all your creatures will start at a -5 AD at the beginning of the game if you turn on the lvl switch.

lvlattack=0.5 and lvldefense=0.5 the AD will increase or decrease after lvl up.

and the following function control HP of creatures
function healthfactor(lvl)
return (100+lvl*5)/100
end

Just try to amend it yourself if you want the best gameplay. I dun't think it will be easy to satisfy anybody at the beginning of making the mod(just like there are still members complain it's difficult to lvlup in the forum I usually go to), so I leave the mod to be amend as easy as possible.

Well, the org setting.lua is obviously play for fun, so a hardcore may need to do some extra job himself. Like rearrange the skill set or amending the power of skills themself.

Unlike most other mod, I try to encourage the player to DIY, just like I have relase a HOWTO to teach the modder how to make their own creation of unit to work with the lvl system, sadly in my cummunity using of master mod is very rare, so I dun think the HOWTO can help here.

No update will be made for this mod any more, while crossworld is coming up and will be a total new start, so this mod is already abandon.

P.S. kfs is zip file format, just use your winzip or winrar or 7z to unzip them and edit them.

Happy modding."

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=14741&page=7
Old 11-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

"marcinl0"

I think it was made clear that you opinion is noted but otherwise unneeded. If you what to do a hard core version I don't think "The Rider" wouldn't have any problems with you editing his mod (just an opinion here), but you can't force him to do anything. It's his mod and he will do whatever he wants to it.
As for pcburns mod, i changed the experience so that they level faster. I didn't try making him to do 10 versions to fit everyone.
Please don't answer this message just take in consideration what I told you and think about it (if you what).

Last edited by yujy; 11-16-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

Just to make it clear, it is not overpowered. All enemy heroes are made much more stronger with added abilities to increase the power of their own armies and other abilities to weaken your army (I.e. some heroes decrease your initiative or speed by 1,2,3 for the first few rounds, other got the no-retaliation skill for certain ammount of rounds, others increase some resistances etc.) All enemy heroes over 30th level can cast twice per round, all enemy heroes over 55th level can cast three times per round - so no more Zag Zag casting two geysers for the whole battle or to reload battles just for the random spells they are using.

Creatures increase their health, speed, attack, defense or krit even without heroes, depending on the location (continents).
Another feature - if the enemy army has two or more stacks of spellcasters, random spells are casted on your army even without hero (not damage spell but defensless, curse, weakness, poison, slow etc)
I will read what MarcInL0 has written, maybe he has some good ideas, I just dont like his prejustice without actually seen what is offered.

And at last, the mod is created for all who want to play it, I dont collect "fans", first it was designed only for me, as all massive mods I have created for heroes 4 and 5 or other games I play (Neverwinter nights and other RPGs). I never published before one of them
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

It is now the 16th. Where is the mod? do not make me come over there
Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

Rider: Thank you for taking the effort and producing this mod. I will be happy to try it out once you release it. As I mentioned before, it looks promising, the screenies are tasty! Take your time. I know how time consuming these things can be.

I hope you permit other fans to use it in future mods? (I mean non-commercial mods prepared by fans) It look too good not to be used.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

I am a week behind the start date of the mod, because I had to work during the last two weekends. So I will publish the mod tomorrow but WITHOUT two features - the enemy heroes/enemy creatures bonuses are not changed and runes for the skills are not changed. So I will call this the beta stage and I will be glad to hear all feedback you can give me.

@Richard, the mod is absolutely free and everyone can add-remove-change features in it. But because the changes I did are enourmous, one feature is added in few files and this can cause some problems if you change the code in only one file.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Hi guys,
sorry to announce this but my computer got infected from a free DVD player I downloaded (Power DVD) and I had to provide it for service cleaning because I have important information on it. This will delay the providing of the mod. I am getting an error when I want to start KB - cycle function error (I have Steam version of KB, tried to reinstall and clear registry but nothing happened).
Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Hie.
I'm is one of socreaters of "Crossworlds". With great interest looking foward when your mod is done. If you need any help or advice - you're wellcome.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

If you could assist him in modding the scenarios it would be great
Old 12-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Hi Rider,

Can you give us the approximate time when you will be releasing your mod? I am really looking forward to it as it will remove many annoyances for me and make the game enjoyable.