Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Registered Member

Default stuck....can't win even in arcade mode

stuck on hornets nest in arcade level.No matter how many planes i shoot i never win!!dark screen at max brightness level can barely see planes....what am i doing wrong??defending airfield or shooting down german bombers?I would pick diff plane if i knew how?do i destroy skylights on ground?fly forward shoot planes?how can i win to move forward??please help/ready to ditch game.....sonny
Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 AM
lost cause

You have to shoot down all the transport planes before they reach their airfields, which is right about in the center of the map. Keep your wingmen with you and then tell them to attack the enemy when you reach the first group. Shoot them all down as quickly as possible. Regroup your wingmen and then haul ass to the next group, the yellow dots. Keep doing this till you get them all.

Use the Search mode on this site and look up hornets nest. You will find many threads on this battle.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Arcade mode has an issue, you have to shoot down more planes, try it in Realistic mode.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Approved Member

check the last page of the "tips and tricks" thread above. Hornet's Nest is the #1 thing people ask about, so I made a video of getting all the planes in simulation.

Arcade puts that lead indicator there, which encourages you to park on the plane's 6 and start shooting right away. You need to maneuver for the right shots, from above and the side.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

i think i need a joystick an not the hand controller that come's with game.I have a force feedback pro joystick.I don't know if i could use it with the ps3 compter player??if so,how do i make it hook up ???........sonny
Old 02-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

i know it's a night senerio but even with max brightness the planes are impossable to see in dark sky.........if not for red id read out over enemy planes i can't see to shoot down enemy.........is this normal or fault of game/or player???rest of game nice an clear??....thanks........sonny
Old 02-03-2010, 04:16 AM
Approved Member

You just have to look real carefully. They are easier to see from above against the snowy ground, than below from the dark sky. At first they show up as dark blotches, if you fly to their altitude they'll stand out against the afterglow on the horizon. Then fly higher then them, so you can start attacking them from 10-oclock high and turn and attack from 3 oclock, without falling behind.

Watch the video. If it doesn't run smoothly, feel free to rip it from youtube.

Most of the targets are at 1500m or more, only one set of them flies in low.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Question are you guys using a flight stick game controller???

I am thinking about getting a flight stick game controller to improve the functioning an shooting effects.....which one should i get that works best with ps3 flying games???when gun shoots bombs drop do you get a handshake from effect..............sonny
Old 02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy33 View Post
I am thinking about getting a flight stick game controller to improve the functioning an shooting effects.....which one should i get that works best with ps3 flying games???when gun shoots bombs drop do you get a handshake from effect..............sonny
There's a thread at the top of the forum about PS3 sticks.. It's a bit complicated...

Click here
Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy33 View Post
Don't blame the controller. If you haven't already, try aviator layout. It's being able to look around while still being in full control of your plane that matters. Set your elevator to 6 notches below the top when flying an il-2 in simulation.