Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Default Hosts who quit

this is really getting on my nerves... not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits... screwing everyone playing that game. do the kills you make during such a game count??

really got to me last night in a 30 minute CTA game with 5 per team... 3 quit and left me and another NOOB as food for the lions
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteseeker View Post
not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits...
If the host is doing well and then quits, it's more than likely that they lost connection, or the game locked up on them.

It's happened to me a few times, and it's pretty embarassing - it's even worse if you're actually getting owned because then it just looks like a childish tantrum.

I have a feeling (PS3) that kills do count, because I'm pretty sure I've seen the unlock screen after a disconnection.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Default Hosts who quit

Very annoying I agree! The only consolation being that the host gains nothing (points wise!) from being such an arsehole!!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Agreed, this is infuriating. This often happens to me in one to one DOGFIGHT. If I've scored a few kills I let them into the game so they don't pull the plug - out of sheer frustration. Best policy is to host your own games I guess. If someone else is hosting avoid dogfights with UNLIMITED time.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

i quickly look at their profile to see what i'm up against... not all big guns are good sports.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 AM
lost cause

When the host leaves the game is NOT saved. Watch the upper right corner after every match and, at the summary screen, SAVE is flashing up there. Not so when the host quits. You go to the summary screen, but there is no save. You can't keep kills or points if the game is not saved, right?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

thats another thing that should be fixed if the host quits another person should host
Old 01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

If you're hosting a 1v1 and the other guy quits, the game still ends. It will however leave 2 people flying around on the same team...?!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Yepp... Quitters are annoying!

Of cours it happends once in a while u loose connection or the entire game falls over, but that seldom happends if the game is "up and flying". The big problem (or annoyance) is when the host quits deliberately on some reason. Mostly because he/she is loosing a game.

"Host-ethics" says u fly the game through. At the end of it you where the one to invite in the first place. (And by all gods and devils... We all have been shot down, messed up, humiliated and grinded to pieces up there! It's the only way to learn how to play any given game).

Personally I "ban" hosts that don't stand to loose a game and quits when I have hurt theire feelings a bit. The ones who playes it to the end despite the result, I almost allways send a friend-request. They show The Attitude!

But then again... It's just a game!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Well said, McQ59.