Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty

King's Bounty Famous series of Fantasy Real-time RPG with turn-based battles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Approved Member

Default How do I become a "No loss" Player: Tips needed

If you notice, there's a difference in the help threads. There's 1. Beginner tips and 2. No loss tips. Where's the middle ground, where you're pretty experienced as a player, but not up to the no loss on impossible level.

That's me. I learn fast, but I'm late to the King's Bounty games. I would appreciate the tips to get to that "next level".

1. What creatures are best to use for no loss
2. What creatures are worst for no loss
3. What spells are best for no loss
4. What spells are worst for no loss(don't waste a single crystal on)
5. What Rage/dragon abilities are worth it, or not worth it
6. Are there battles that should be avoided completely?
7. Getting the most out of unit talents
8. Battlefield tactics to give yourself best way to not lose creatures
9. When to "kite" and when to not
10. Training yourself for no loss. Which game is best(I have them all)

I've found one method but it's sort of late game, unless the right spells fall into your hands early. Still, this is for NORMAL play, not Impossible and that's where I need to get. It works in both WoTN and AP.

My method involves Royal Griffins, Inquisitors, Paladins, Rune Mages(In Crossworlds), and the 5th should be a good ranged. I'm always having trouble deciding that 5th unit and am never totally satisfied so I could use some advice there. It also involves the spell phantom, and Resurrection helps but isn't totally necessary. The Wings item can also help but isn't necessary. The Griffin Banner Definitely helps, but you can still do this without it.

I simply rush the Griffins, using angelic guard, then cast phantom or use Rune Mage ability to cast Phantom on original stack and repeat. This leaves a huge front line. I also tend to use Archmages as 5th and use Magic Shield on original stack, but it's also not necessary as I pull the original back after first turn. I arrange the other units in a sort of checkerboard where the paladin can heal them all at once. The griffin line holds back the hordes and since it always retaliates, weakens them considerably while the mages/Inquisitors blast them with ranged. In AP, with Resurrection skill at 3, you're practically guaranteed never to lose a unit plus you can keep that original Royal Griffin stack in battle instead of pulling it back.

I would like to hear your advice on getting better and to that next level of difficulty up to no loss. Thanks in advance.