Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAFX View Post
Well, if the game would just play on Vista 64bit, that would be awesome, because the tech-demo doesnt. I see this game failing, limiting it to vista 32 bit only users.
I have Vista 64 and the game works better than...eh something

Haven´t tried the Tech Demo but it will probably work too.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Good that it works for you ( i see you got a very new card). I got a 8800gts (512MB , g92 chip) which isnt that old (renamed to geforce 9xxxx afterwards) so, anyone any clues why the last generation of geforces dont play the tech demo / game under vista 64-bit ? Thx.

btw, did i mention that the latest nvidia drivers r installed ?! I guess not
Old 12-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Approved Member

I had 8800GS (384mb, g92 chip)
Demo and game is work for me under vista64.

Last edited by B.F.; 12-23-2008 at 04:45 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

yeah, with "beta" drivers... should work with standard aswell.... but it doesnt.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAFX View Post
anyone any clues why the last generation of geforces dont play the tech demo / game under vista 64-bit ? Thx.
Last generation is 200 series.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thales100 View Post
Last generation is 200 series.
Of course
Old 12-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Registered Member

sorry my mistake, i tend to say "latest" on the actual series (which would be the 200) and last as the previous one. Sorry again.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIGS View Post
I didn't get Vista to play Crysis, I most certainly won't get it to play this game. Hate not to have those fancy PhysX effects but I'm not getting Vista
There is a pacth that allows you enable to enable very high settings of Crysis on xp! I try it and i was able to play crysis on dx 10 settings on xp without need vista and dx10. But the game run very slow even on high settings on my machine so i was forced to set physics to low and some effects on medium to be able to play. But i read on some forums that Crysis very high settings run faster on xp than vista, so i would like to know will there a pacth like this in the future for cryostasis that will unlock the dx10 graphics/effects for xp?? Please dont limit only to dx1o just to force us upgrade to vistta!!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN View Post
There is a pacth that allows you enable to enable very high settings of Crysis on xp! I try it and i was able to play crysis on dx 10 settings on xp without need vista and dx10. But the game run very slow even on high settings on my machine so i was forced to set physics to low and some effects on medium to be able to play. But i read on some forums that Crysis very high settings run faster on xp than vista, so i would like to know will there a pacth like this in the future for cryostasis that will unlock the dx10 graphics/effects for xp?? Please dont limit only to dx1o just to force us upgrade to vistta!!
But I think Crysis is the only game where you can do that. I saw a video on youtube where a guy had the same graphics card as me had 10 (!) fps more maxed in XP, that means 25-35 % better.