Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Terrain looking nice in the 4th picture - and is that hedgerows making a (belated) appearance on the right hand side?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
The third screen in is a re-angle of an older screen, seeing it again has made me ask myself the same question, "hasnt the wrong wing broken off?, with the tree being were it is" i've tried to imagine the many ways it could have happened but its just impossible without the other wing coming off too. Have a look see what you think.
Mr Maddox has said that it happened during taxiing. If the "ground model" is more accurate too now, here's my sequence of events:
After achieving a speed on the taxi-way that turned out too high, this is what could have happened. Still trying to make the turn by kicking full left rudder, the aircraft comes into a sideways slip. The left turn lifted the right wing a bit and the sideway slide brought more air under the right wing, lifting the right wheel off the ground. The left undercarriage gave way from bearing all the remaining weight and the lateral forces. Then the left wing makes contact with the ground and these forces now cause it to break. The aircraft slides to a stop near the tree without touching it.

Have another look:

The thread where the previous image was shown:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17468
Old 02-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

It is indeed a perculiar situation with the Hurri, could it be that the poor tree is keeping this handicapped Hurricane this way, carrying the wing so to say?

Ehnieway enough fancypants english. New insignia could also have been placed on older planes, henceforth the differents in weathering.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

Found this one over in on the German Ubi thing. I've never seen it before.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
...lets call it a midweek update

By furbs9999 at 2011-02-08

Looking good!

I agree, images look great, including the greens IMO!

What I like most is the grey smoke...I was getting a little worried that all smoke was jet black (not including coolant trails).

Good stuff.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
Found this one over in on the German Ubi thing. I've never seen it before.

I really like the spiralling effect of the thick black smoke in this shot, with the flames showing through. Best smoke/fire trail I've seen yet.

I hope at some point we'll also see random smoke/fire effects like you see in the gun camera films. For example, an aircraft may eject a mass of flame which immediately disappears and is replaced by a thin smoke trail. Sometimes the flames may appear again, sometimes not. Also smoke getting thinner or thicker or changing colour or density as the fire takes hold and engulfs different materials.

Anyhow, it's all looking very promising.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutts View Post
I really like the spiralling effect of the thick black smoke in this shot, with the flames showing through. Best smoke/fire trail I've seen yet.

I hope at some point we'll also see random smoke/fire effects like you see in the gun camera films. For example, an aircraft may eject a mass of flame which immediately disappears and is replaced by a thin smoke trail. Sometimes the flames may appear again, sometimes not. Also smoke getting thinner or thicker or changing colour or density as the fire takes hold and engulfs different materials.

Anyhow, it's all looking very promising.
Well dont get too excited.Ilya said on facebook that this particular image was retouched, especially the fire and smoke.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VShadowLurkerV View Post
May someone please tell me where the swastikas are on the German planes? Juts for historical reasons mind you, I am not a Nazi
Use the Search function. You'll find all your answers to that question that way.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VShadowLurkerV View Post
May someone please tell me where the swastikas are on the German planes? Juts for historical reasons mind you, I am not a Nazi
They are banned in Russia and Germany, you wont see them because of this until some one mods the game to show them.