Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

711 hours here, mostly on ATAG after completing the RAF campaign.

Oh and a fair bit in FMB, tutorials, film clips etc.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Join the club!

And know that you are NOT alone! Many people here enjoy CoD in it's current state everyday of the week! But you wouldn't know it from most of the post in this forum.. Sadly there is just a handful of very vocal nay-sayers who are dedicated to looking for any opportunity to say something negative about this sim..

Even if it has been said 100,000 times before
Even if the developers acknowledged it and are working on it
Even if it is NOT true!

These few find their way into every post in this forum such that a newcomers may get the wrong impression that the majority feel the way they do, When in fact that is not the case at all. One only has to look at the weekly updates (latest being a good example) to note just how out numbered they are by the people who love this sim, even as is, and support the path the devs are one.

Long story short

We are in the majority..

It is just hard to tell based on the threads in this forum
+1

Of course the naysayers seem to think their the only ones who can see the sims faults and will remind us add-nauseam what they are.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Immersion, is when you think that you smell the ocean, or an early morning breeze.

I know it sounds weird but their has been a couple of times that my brain was fooled into expecting a salty sea breeze. Just imagine...their I was flying above the coast line, and as I'm watching the waves break along the shoreline, I suddenly feel as if their is something missing from the experience...the smell, the smell of salt water and fresh air...gunpowder and gasoline. My brain is so stimulated by the visual cues of the simulation that it expects to smell, what it see's.