Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Hey is it possible to be able to toggle the icon distances to feet or meters? As it is now they are set at meters if I am not mistaken.. I don't know how doable that is though... Sort of like a variant on the speedbar toggle..
Easiest would be to tie it to speedbar setting like in attached screenshots or to add it to config file settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ic00.jpg (760.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg ic01.jpg (763.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 06-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

That is exactly what I am talking about.. so is this coming or is it doable now? Also a way to set the default measurement.. so that say if I wanted it to stay in feet I could set a setting in the config so I would not have to changer it every time I get in a plane.. I thought there was a mod that did that that either you or Fireball did a while back.. I may be mistaken though.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Bearcat has his own 'Wishlist thread's...

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

LoL.. I never looked at it that way.. I guess I didn't want to wish for something that was not doable.. so I wanted to find out if it was even doable..
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
That is exactly what I am talking about.. so is this coming or is it doable now? Also a way to set the default measurement.. so that say if I wanted it to stay in feet I could set a setting in the config so I would not have to changer it every time I get in a plane.. I thought there was a mod that did that that either you or Fireball did a while back.. I may be mistaken though.
This can be added in first patch after 4.12. If this is tied to speedbar setting than units are automatically converted when you change speedbar setting to your likings.IIRC speedbar setting is rememberd so as long as you are using same speedbar setting, icons use same type of length units.

Better option would be to put this in config or in icons file, that way people could have different units in icons and speedbar.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM
Approved Member

Could the icon settings be done by a Gui? I know you can set stuff using console but a giu to set dot range, type would be usful for me.
<a href=http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366190 target=_blank>http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2954&dateline=1314366  190 Salute Jim (Blairgowrie) http://dangerdogz.com
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

I think that is in IL2 Stab.. or maybe the other one.. but one of them already has this .. so it shouldn't be too hard... TD's biggest problem is finding the time to do all this and still eat and keep a roof over their heads.. ... LOL

Last edited by Bearcat; 06-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroWave View Post
Well, until someone decides that 24 hours per day makes no sense and we should introduce new hour unit which will be 10 new hours per day, 100 new minutes per new hour and 100 new seconds per new minute.
Decimal hours and months were part of the original metric system as proposed in 1799, but they were too radical to catch on, even for the French revolutionaries.

As to IL2, I'm another dumb American who's only semi-literate in metric measurements, but IL2 has helped me a lot!

I find it helpful to think of the range icons as units of approximately 100 yards.

Attested by my hand, Year 220, Decade 27, Prairal 25

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Republican_Calendar

Last edited by Pursuivant; 06-13-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

To horseback, I'am used to change imperials vs metric all the time.
I have to, I work with machinery that when being made on the states, they have all screws in imperials, and when they are european or asian, they use metric instead. I hate that, because it forces me to have tools for both standards.

Still I happen to calculate the conversions authomatically. Without thinking to much about it.

I agree that the relations in between inches, feets and yards, could become very practical on a hex map deploy, because of their base 3 nature. But miles, knots, galons, and all else, are just pure caos.

BTW to change the hours like someone else said, you must change the number of degrees defined for a circle, that is also base three... Somehow, putting a triangle into a circle is something very practical, and having a 10th base on degrees will become a problem for everybody.

And in general I appreciates bearcats posts, unless he asks for correcting .50s dispersion...
Old 06-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS69 View Post
BTW to change the hours like someone else said, you must change the number of degrees defined for a circle, that is also base three... Somehow, putting a triangle into a circle is something very practical, and having a 10th base on degrees will become a problem for everybody.
Been there, tried it, din't (kinda) work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gradian

Though for naviagtion it would have its benefits, and I'd think one could live with an equilateral triangle having 66and2/3° angles.