Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds

King's Bounty: Crossworlds The expansion to the award-winning King’s Bounty: Armored Princess.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:25 AM
Approved Member

Default If you have never played AP do you start with OOTM or AP?

If you have never played AP do you start with OOTM or AP? I.e. does OOTM have different quests then AP or is OOTM more like an expansion to AP (AP+new content) and does OOTM include all original AP content?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

Start with OOTM. Its basically an expanded AP. You never have to play AP after OOTM I would say. Unless you are very curious about the differences and have to play both. Then AP first since OOTM is probably a bit better
Old 09-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

cheers, ootm it is then
Old 09-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

What exactly are the new hero skills in OOTM btw? Do they have a big impact on the 'new' campaign?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Not really. You can play KBAP-style and you'll still do just fine.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrex View Post
What exactly are the new hero skills in OOTM btw? Do they have a big impact on the 'new' campaign?
I'm not sure what warriors or paladins get, but the mage acquires a skill that reduces leadership requirements for virtually every caster-type unit in the game. Level 1 = 10% reduction (out of three ranks). I'd say that with the addition of rune mages, it has a huge impact, for obvious reasons. Just look at their skills. There's a tremendous synergy now with certain hero skill, artifact and unit combinations.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas View Post
I'm not sure what warriors or paladins get, but the mage acquires a skill that reduces leadership requirements for virtually every caster-type unit in the game. Level 1 = 10% reduction (out of three ranks). I'd say that with the addition of rune mages, it has a huge impact, for obvious reasons. Just look at their skills. There's a tremendous synergy now with certain hero skill, artifact and unit combinations.
That leadership reduction skill doesn't seem to be there in the OOTM campaign. I only see it in the other shorter campaigns... Basically I see no difference at all besides some "+adrenaline for Orcs" additions to an existing skill.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrex View Post
That leadership reduction skill doesn't seem to be there in the OOTM campaign. I only see it in the other shorter campaigns... Basically I see no difference at all besides some "+adrenaline for Orcs" additions to an existing skill.
it's not there right from start. first you need to start a quest for it and then fight few battles before you get it. this skill is unique for each class.

there is another one addition and it's related to Neatness skill. it improves some of engineers abilities.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karabaja View Post
it's not there right from start. first you need to start a quest for it and then fight few battles before you get it. this skill is unique for each class.

there is another one addition and it's related to Neatness skill. it improves some of engineers abilities.
Thanks Karabaja. So each class gets another unique class skill after doing a certain quest?
What are the unique ones for Warrior and Paladin?
Old 09-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

your welcome

***SPOILER WARNING***

for warrior it's Counterattack - adds more counterattacks for your humanoid warriors. i didn't try paladin yet, but i'm pretty sure it's the skill that gives a chance to recive only half damage. i think it's called Holy Armor.