Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Approved Member

I agree with doordie, a simulation game may be created for very small audience, just for the real sim fans, but R'n'R is a product for a massive consumption, just to let everyone try it and enjoy.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

I personally avoid anything EA and sony if I wanted noobish crappy titles id download 3dgame maker and develope my own . It's cheaper with the same results .

I was trying to open that in firefox , IE worked .
Old 11-10-2007, 04:48 AM
bakingcookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny
I agree with doordie, a simulation game may be created for very small audience, just for the real sim fans, but R'n'R is a product for a massive consumption, just to let everyone try it and enjoy.
And that's why you're not in developing. Because that idea completely sucks. I'm not trying to cut you down, but train and flight simulator do very well, probably more than anyone thought they would.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

On the other hand ... why make most of the things realistic and close to life (accurate truck modeling, damage modeling, true to life locations, city names, truck names, speeds, and lots of other things), spend 5+ years developing it and not do the physics right? Just what's the point?

Let me tell you just one thing - if physics is arcade like and obviously not even close to realistic, I will not play the game. And it's not that I'm a total simmer, but physics is the least thing I can ask for from a game which is tryig to nominate itself for the ultimate trucking simulator. It will never be a simulator if physics is not true to life.

Easy example ... NFS Pro Streat was trying to position itself as a world's first Street racing simulator. Damage modeling, accent on physics and all that. Just yesterday I've tried the demo and man it sucks. Just one evening was enough for me of NFS Pro Street. Physics sucks, so the whole game sucks.

See, it's not necessary to make other things very true to life like for example, buying new tires every N months spending 200 EUR for just one tire... I'm sure gamers would find that an overkill ... but physics... is where devs should spend more time making it true to life.

I hope Rig'n'Roll is not going to be like NFS PS physics wise.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny
Yes get business. But I don't see why no 2-3 levels of. Arcade (RnR now) / semi simulator / simulator. Sales in addition more and all get it what they like. (for example in a way GTR)
Old 11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

you're absolutely right.. GTR way would be best! (variable difficulty/levels of simulation)

its like having 3 games in one..

-total arcade style (for noobs)
-semi-pro (realistic but with ABS. Traction control, etc)
-full-simulation (sensitive throttle/brake, steering, no driver aids, etc)

That would be awesome
Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

IMHO

If a company developed a true to life truck simulation . where if you Had to press that fifthwheel up under that trailor and slide it up onto the lock and lock it into place . You had to listen to that truck wined up hard to get moving through the gears at a slow pace with cab twisting jerking poppin up on the right front just a little .
All the seasons of the year changing on me as the calender never stops .
If the truck took a turn to fast it rolled over or jack knifed making me have to replace the entire truck if the damage was to bad . Id just require a very curvy stretch of highway and 100 mile trip between to loading docks . I wouldnt need the rest of the world because Id be addicted for the rest of my life making that 1 trip back and forth .

This is my hope someday for a truck sim , I dont care if the graphics are back in 1990 as long as the rest fall into place .

Im sure we will all find RignRoll to be better than our other selections of phsyicsless truck crap thats on the market. I am ready for something new and different that works in xp .

and

Quote:
guys let me remind you..

this was supposed to be the game to break into the main-stream with.. for the developers and publishers (I mean both trucking games in general, and respect for eastern european game industry)
I thought this was what the first Hard truck was for along with the rest of their awsome titles which I own some of . IMHO