Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Real experiences

Hi, everybody, as I saw there, many of you drive (or drove) the real trucks. Please share some funny experiences that you (or some friends of yours) had on the road driving trucks. Waiting for your posts!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Heh, not so much of experience but my friend told me that when he drives truck in the morning he don't eat any breakfast just drive the truck and drink 1L Yoghurt. That's all till it's lunch time.

I will ask him some more when I meet him. He will be delighted to see Rig'n'Roll.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Hi,

Here's some "funny" experience... not my own - my dad's, who's a hardtrucker.

After a successful trip to Estonia, he headed towards Spain. There he unloaded his truck and took another cargo to deliver to Germany. After successful delivery to Germany he took yet another cargo and headed Spain again ... he didn't make it till Spain. All of a sudden he felt extremely bad and could not walk. That all happened in France. Just some passing by citizen noticed him and called an ambulance. They came fast to pick him up. Brought him to the hospital and did _some_ analysis. On the next day they said "You're Okay, you may leave today" and told him to pay 800 EUR !!! He did not have any insurance at that time. We immediately made him a high-risk insurance that same day he got out of the hospital. So he went out and continued his trip to Spain ... still feeling bad. After 5 days he made it to Spain and felt worse, and ended up in the hospital again! The local doctors said that the doctors in France were complete a$$holes to let him go in that condition... His lower blood pressure was 35 and he had internal bleeding which leaded to blood and plasma transfusion in Spain. Yes he has duodenal ulcer which got exacerbated And at this very moment, he's still in Spain in the hospital

Morale #1 - do not ever go on a trip without an insurance
Morale #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodstar
Heh, not so much of experience but my friend told me that when he drives truck in the morning he don't eat any breakfast just drive the truck and drink 1L Yoghurt. That's all till it's lunch time.
- do not ever eat like that when you're on a trip! That was one of the causes of exacerbation. Eat well. Rest well. Care about yourself.

Oleg
Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

i drive a Iveco Stralis 420 Hp . was coool . i have drive with 50km/h , 70MPH
Old 10-28-2007, 04:49 AM
Approved Member

i have a real experience. it was a day with very heavy rain, and i got onto the freeway to try to get home. as I was speeding up while still in the on-ramp pocket a big rig passed me, splashing me with a shit load of water. suddenly my rear tires started skidding.. (doing a burnout) despite me doing 50mph in 4th gear! and having barely 150hp. it was funny. try to avoid being near a big truck during heavy rain.. especially behind one.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOleg
Hi,

Here's some "funny" experience... not my own - my dad's, who's a hardtrucker.

After a successful trip to Estonia, he headed towards Spain. There he unloaded his truck and took another cargo to deliver to Germany. After successful delivery to Germany he took yet another cargo and headed Spain again ... he didn't make it till Spain. All of a sudden he felt extremely bad and could not walk. That all happened in France. Just some passing by citizen noticed him and called an ambulance. They came fast to pick him up. Brought him to the hospital and did _some_ analysis. On the next day they said "You're Okay, you may leave today" and told him to pay 800 EUR !!! He did not have any insurance at that time. We immediately made him a high-risk insurance that same day he got out of the hospital. So he went out and continued his trip to Spain ... still feeling bad. After 5 days he made it to Spain and felt worse, and ended up in the hospital again! The local doctors said that the doctors in France were complete a$$holes to let him go in that condition... His lower blood pressure was 35 and he had internal bleeding which leaded to blood and plasma transfusion in Spain. Yes he has duodenal ulcer which got exacerbated And at this very moment, he's still in Spain in the hospital

Morale #1 - do not ever go on a trip without an insurance
Morale #2
Quote:
- do not ever eat like that when you're on a trip! That was one of the causes of exacerbation. Eat well. Rest well. Care about yourself.

Oleg

Oleg, I am sorry for your father I hope that he will get well!!

Last advice is good but those distances that my friend passes are not very big and obviously he can do that. He eat well for lunch. I will ask him is he still doing this.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie
i have a real experience. it was a day with very heavy rain, and i got onto the freeway to try to get home. as I was speeding up while still in the on-ramp pocket a big rig passed me, splashing me with a shit load of water. suddenly my rear tires started skidding.. (doing a burnout) despite me doing 50mph in 4th gear! and having barely 150hp. it was funny. try to avoid being near a big truck during heavy rain.. especially behind one.
Lol, nice one

Though powersliding isn't called a burnout - burnouts are done from 0 mph
Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Oleg, I am sorry for your father I hope that he will get well!!

Last advice is good but those distances that my friend passes are not very big and obviously he can do that. He eat well for lunch. I will ask him is he still doing this.
Thanks pal, I too hope everything will be fine.
Yes I guess I misinterpreted that last point, I thought all he was eating was yoghurt which is why I pointed that out. Yet still, eating once a day is not good either, cause it's better to eat less but more often, rather than a lot but once a day... But anyway, just some food for thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitaroija
Though powersliding isn't called a burnout - burnouts are done from 0 mph
I don't think he meant powersliding either. It's just that - a "burnout in action". Basically, wheels lost grip and started spinning with a faster speed than the car was rolling with. I say anything above or equal to 150 HP is okay
Old 10-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

On I-40 heading west to san jose follow a carney convoy BSIN on the radio with them for several hours ,we roll up onto a state police interstate baricade and a atleast 20 car/truck accident .We was rerouted off the interstate onto a side highway thats prolly not been listed on any map for the last 45 years .
Im behind a Zipper truck huge cages that spin , we're BSin and complaining about the detour suddenly my windsheilds covered in cement dust and i cant see shit and i slap the brakes to crawl out and see 3 zipper baskets stuck into a train bridge and the carney truck haulin arsh away . I got onto the radio and shouted at em and ask em if he could come back to the bridge , he ask " what bridge " i said " the bridge you left that ride on" he said " SHIT" i seen tires start to smoke . carneys should never drive anything ..
Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 AM
Approved Member

can anyone explain to me exactly what number9ark said? i'm not a trucker so i'm confused

and did anyone feel that rather large earthquake that hit 30 minutes ago in the san jose area?? they say its 5.6 magnitude.. some stuff fell off my bookshelf.. hope no one is hurt