Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer downloadable or retail? (Read post below)
Downloadable. Lower price and better for the nature! 14 32.56%
Retail. Sits nice in the shelf! 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sire
Evgeny:

It would VERY interresting to know WHY the game is not going to released as a downloadable version. Could you give me an answer on this question? I only wan't to know why...

Did you read my previous reply?
In my opinion there are plenty of benefits to make a downloadable version.
Am I wrong?
IMHO, I tend to think the guys at Softlab-NSK are primarily developers and it's not in their competence to think about how the game is going to be distributed, it's the job of 1C and Atari. And when we ask them these questions they don't go and ask the publishers "How is Rig'n'Roll going to be distributed and whether it is possible it will be available as a download purchase?". It's just not their job ... formally speaking. This requires carrying out marketing with the purpose of finding out what strategy exactly will bring you more money at this exact moment in time. So they have treatement documents which state how both parties will get their slice of pie. Publishers do their job and developers do theirs, so basically asking NSK to distribute it digitally and also take offence that it might not be released digitally is not quite fair.

P.S. But it IS fair to ask them to include multiplayer!

Oleg
Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Besides, one of the strategies is as follows:

PUBLISHER pays the DEVELOPER a negotiated and fixed amount of money at once and independently of whether the profit from the sales worldwide covers the expenses or not. The PUBLISHER in this case risks to never return its money back, and sure enough not get any profit from it. And the DEVELOPER insures itself by signing such a treaty that it will get the money in any case. And the opposite - if the the game turns out to be a megahit which brings the PUBLISHER not only a lot of money but also fame and recognition, then the DEVELOPER risks to not get more money than it potentially could.

Bear in mind, that one particularity of this case is the following:
I know a lot of cases when usual gamers bought several copies of one and the same game thus thinking they support the developers by doing so, but in reality if we're talking about the above described case then no money for each extra bough copy of the game goes into the pocket of the DEVELOPER, because it's the PUBLISHER who gets the candies.

The other case is when the DEVELOPER gets a % from the sales, and in this situation each and every copy of the game you buy will make the DEVELOPER happier.

So, there's no real confidence that the money I will pay for the game will go to the DEVELOPER and that's sad because the PUBLISHER might be standing between the community and the developers in this case and all our "Thank You"s materialized into the bought copy of the game will get stuck in between us and will not reach the recepient, and you will not get a notification that your message has not been delivered (Well, actually, if the game is blockbuster - everybody will know it )

Ummmm. Lighten up people!

Oleg
Old 10-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

I agree with you.

Even though the DEVELOPER has received a fixed amount of money for the game, the sales of the game will indirectly benefit the DEVELOPER. As more games are sold, the DEVELOPER will gain recognition that can enable them to negotiate a better deal for the next release, or the next upgrade etc. So in the project of the DEVELOPER, this recognition will enable them to get % of the sales, and increase their own happiness.

From a marketing point of view I think it is always better if some percentage goes to the DEVELOPER, as this makes the customers more comfortable paying the fees. The PUBLISHER can in turn use this to pr itself, stating that they are a fair PUBLISHER that share the profits with their DEVELOPERs.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

I would dance if this game was released threw Steam.
If not, there's always Amazon.com.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Approved Member

Rig'n'Roll and other 1C titles should be available at our Digital Download store which is due to open soon.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Approved Member

Very good. Thanks for this.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Approved Member

EWWWW Steam blows dude , it's not even secure , They even post this is the TOS enula

"if you get hacked or a viruse it's all your own fault steam is not responsibility for any loss or damages that could happen"

I perfer buying a disc over some network that could go offline at anytime and you lose all means of playing the games ..
Old 11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

id rather download it because if it goes on the store shelf it will be sold out quickly buut i dont care cause i haul video games and computer games alot so i get any game i want hahahahahahhahaha