Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer downloadable or retail? (Read post below)
Downloadable. Lower price and better for the nature! 14 32.56%
Retail. Sits nice in the shelf! 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Approved Member

Well... I will definately download RignRoll, as I did with STALKER. I don't wanna pay money for something that doesn't seemed to be absolutely outstanding.
Btw - that version of STALKER that I downloaded - was without any lags/bugs. I can tell you even more - I took simple DVD, put it into dvdburner, and in 4 minutes, the Holy DVD was ejected
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

Default I think

It'll be better to release download version beside boxed version. Download is easier to handle and faster to broadcast. On the other side, some may like CD version more, although they'd have to wait for week or two longer.

Sory for my English
Old 10-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

It will be released -) For sure... but not by the developers .
Old 10-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pianist
It will be released -) For sure... but not by the developers .
What do you mean by this?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

I meant my friend - that "downloadable" version of the game will be "released" by somebody else.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

He knows what it means. And this is something 1C really should take into consideration. The time is almost here when, everything is going to be released digitally. It is always best if the publisher itself releases a game digitally; that ensure that the money goes to the persons who deserve it. This is a strong argument for also releasing the game digitally, in addition to the packaged box. Of course, there is some transactional administration involved in this, but there are some very good digital distributors out there that are more than willing to help.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

of course it's better digital download but some people may not like that
there is Steam or gamegate that run a application in background and that is annoying... If it is downloadable without need to run a app when you play it it will be better.
And to fight piracy they can give every download a unique cd key.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pianist
I meant my friend - that "downloadable" version of the game will be "released" by somebody else.
He is talking about warez! It's A**holes like him that makes companies not make PC games and focus on consoles! What he particularly meant was some one is going to leak this game! FYI dum A*s, not every game is leaked. This pisses me off and any other person who has been waiting for this game since 02?

And downloading this game? I do not think that will happen as this game is what over 2GB?
Old 10-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Discussing uploading and downloading this or any other game illegally at this forum WILL get you banned. Count on it.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

Well, see this is where it would be smart for them to release a demo. I guarantee atleast 80% of people are not just gonna buy the game, they're gonna wanna play it first. Alot of people use cracks and warez crap so they can play the full game like a demo, and then they purchase it later on. It all depends on what country you live in. I know if I made a video game, spent all the time and money on it, and it wasn't available in some countries I wouldn't give two craps if people cracked it and used it for free. Besides, if they really cared about their customers atleast that's something along the lines of what they'd initially think. I think it's really sad how people care about money so much. If you don't want a pirated game, don't download it. If someone is willing to risk a lawsuit then let em have it. It's not YOU making the money off the game, it's the developers choice wether or not they want to use anti pirating software on their game.