Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer downloadable or retail? (Read post below)
Downloadable. Lower price and better for the nature! 14 32.56%
Retail. Sits nice in the shelf! 29 67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Default Downloadable?

Do you know if there are any plans making this game downloadable from internet shops like "Direct2Drive"?
Legally of course.

If I can buy a game for a lower price without a cover and cd/dvd disc, that is always my no. 1 choise. It's better for the nature too. (no, i'm not a member of Greenpeace)

If your answer is no to this question, I really would like to know why please. It obviouslly works.

Yesterday I would have bought the downloadable version of the game "Bioshock" if I hadn't been for a message at Direct2Drive's checkout saying my country (Sweden) was not supported.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

I don't have a credit card, and it's nicer to buy a game from a store, as it feels more certain and official. I also have enough cash to spare, so I don't care if it's a couple of bucks more expensive.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

I don't mind buying games online. In fact, the games I've played the most during the past year have all been bought online. However, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't downloadable either, as long as it's available in most stores where I live. If the developers can't guarantee worldwide availability in stores I think it's a must to offer it as a downloadable game as well.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

I really don't know what is the point of this poll, when everyone knows perfectly well that this game will not be downloadable, but the only way you will be able to buy it is from a store.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

yup
Old 10-07-2007, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Ubaku:

Did you vote?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Well, the poll isnt that obvious. Id prefer to have both, if possible. However, I do not want to download a game that is too large, and I want the game to be as large as possible. All that deatailed 3d modelling of the california countryside is probably take a lot of Mb. If its not, it probably isn't as detailed as I hope it is. Like 18wos, they have fairly small games, although haulin is pretty large with long driving times, it still only has a generic randomly generated countryside thats not directly modelled after real life like rignroll.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Approved Member

Yes, I voted before I posted and then it hit me, why are we even arguing this point when we know the answer to it?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Approved Member

I prefer the Retail CD because a CD can last almost 50 years if it handled good. If the game is released i want buy the retail boxed Cd version.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dartpol
a CD can last almost 50 years if it handled good.
How could you possibly know that? No CD on earth has ever lasted that long yet