Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Registered Member

I'm angry and disappointed. The game can't be perfect so what happens when they do release it (if that ever happens) and the big bugs are found. How long are those going to take to patch it? Look at how many games SCS has released during the "development" of this ONE game! Sure, they may not be as good as quality but hey, they are still working games that have support! Look at the Euro simulator that is in development! I would be willing to bet money that it comes out before RnR does.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

no kidding, I'm a big fan of truck games since HT:18wos, addicted to games released by SCS soft (btw: scs are czech, well so am I! I'm at university, I study programming, and I would join their team, since they have the right stuff!), then I saw first screenshots of Rig n Roll, read througt the FAQ and I thought: "Wow! This is gonna be awsome!". That was in 2004/5 maybe? I just don't believe anymore that it's worth the wait, SCS is releasing the trucksim every year, usually september, now they are starting with a new "EURO" (hurray!) project so the release will take some time (entirey new map, new trucks), but you can see improvements in each and every version of the 18 WoS series (convoy was a bit of a downer though). I probably will play R'n'R once it is released,but I'm not willing to pay for it.
(btw: as stated on their website, the euro truck sim was started in early 2007, and as far as I can tell, they must be very close to it's release, remember how long the Bus Driver took?! )
Old 10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

Well, about the multiplayer. I did a post a week ago about what I really wanted to see in multiplayer mode. The answer was that most of the features I wanted to see would be in there. Now there won't be a multiplayer. Uhh, they canceled it! But well, look at it this way:
They canceled it in order to release the game sooner. We all want it now! So, canceling the multiplayer might not be so bad after all, considering that their previous record clearly illustrates the fact that they don't know about the existence of the word deadline.

Now I'm not familiar with 1C patching policy. Are they the release and run guys? Or are they the Release and repatch guys? DICE (the battlefield series etc) is probably the company with the best patching policy in the game industry. With every patch, they don't just fix bugs, they also adds new content, and every battlefield game has received several new maps and vehicles in the patches. For free. See, there is nothing that says they will not release a multilayer patch. Just give them a few years. (I hope not).
Old 10-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknisse
But well, look at it this way:
They canceled it in order to release the game sooner. We all want it now! So, canceling the multiplayer might not be so bad after all
But it should not take this long to have multiplayer in this game!! Its not the first multiplayer ever in a game! It IS a bad thing they took it out. NO more secrets! WHY cant they tell us what is going on? we are buying the damn thing so we shoud know whats happening! Why should we buy the game if there not going to tell us anything about it? !
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

I see the administrators dont post here lol...
Old 10-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

Towmanjt What do you want them to write? "We are doing our best, and testing our huge game"? I'm fed up with this. Testing for last 2 years? Huh, that's not serious at all. They planned to release game in 2005, then they began their changing dates thing... I'm just fed up with this, especially after I saw how trailers are going behind the tractors... that has nothing to deal with the real trucks.
But still... we'll see what they will make. Now I'm very disapointed (forgive me for my spelling, I'm very tired to look into the dictionary)
Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

I can understand why they dont want in this mess, BECAUSE THEY KNOW ITS TRUE....
Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Im thinking maybe dont release it at all when you look it...It began work in 2004 and test last 2 years...Just playing with fans...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Approved Member

SoftLab-NSK is a software development company post at their site
http://www.softlab-nsk.com/
and that lite info tell way ... they are not focusing on making games and are not game developers and will not have much time to work on games at first place...

Also I'm disappointed that they do not give support to patches for their old games...

We can not do noting that is how it is... In this world money comes first.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmanjt
I see the administrators dont post here lol...
Yes that is interesting. At least, they could not have set a release date at all so that consumers do not get fed up with "lies". The Gran Turismo series has the same problem with release dates. I almost totally forgot about this simulation and was about to buy 18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin' but then I found out that the same people who made Hard Truck 1 and 2 are making Rig'n'Roll so I am going to wait for this simulation. I am glad I found out about this simulation late since people have been waiting forever for this simulation it seems.