Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

Default Consumers are Fed Up with This!!

Hi

I have to say as a consumer I am shocked at what has happened! This is not good enough. The constant changing of the dates of release of RignRoll. This has gone on for too long. You have to understand that we as consumers are getting not just fustrated but really upset! This game has been in development for many years and every year it is the same thing over and over. " Rig n Roll will be out this year " then it starts with it will be out Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 and the year is over. This has been going on for too long. There are many people out there that really want this game. But because of they constant delaying of the game. Consumers like my self are just getting fed up and don't care about the game anymore. There is a couple of forums/ sites that have atleast 30,000 people and they are fed up and don't care if rig n roll will get release. These people would be that ones that Wouldnt buy the game. So that will be Over 30,000 consumers that will not buy the game. Every year your push it back and give us false hopes. YOU are losing peoples interest in the game which would then cause you to not have the profit that you would prefer.

I am just about to say forget it. It will never come out and i would not buy the game. I am serious about this!

bigbubba467
(if it is rude I am sorry but enough is enough)
Old 10-05-2007, 01:58 AM
Approved Member

Sadly I would have to say I agree with you on this bigbubba. 5 years is kinda long for any game.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Approved Member

Yeah i gotta agree with you also! Its been way to long they have been always delaying it enough is enough like you said.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Approved Member

ok this is a serious problem BUT IT IS A VERY NICE GAME but 5 years is too long. scs soft (of the 18 wheels productions) has also a new trucking game under developing i hope this will take no 5 yearss
http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/index.php

greetings
rig'n roll fan from holland
Old 10-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roebedoes
ok this is a serious problem BUT IT IS A VERY NICE GAME but 5 years is too long. scs soft (of the 18 wheels productions) has also a new trucking game under developing i hope this will take no 5 yearss
http://www.eurotrucksimulator.com/index.php

greetings
rig'n roll fan from holland

SCS will release their game faster that's for sure, while 1C are making a good quality game, SCS released allready 4 trucking games (AA PTTM Convoy Haullin'), and that means they filled they bank account with a larger amount of money and 1C will not have this luck if RNR price will be 5 time bigger then any of 18WOS project, other wise RNR will be last trucking game that Igor's team will make due to low incoming in their pockets and no "cheat money" will help in real life. I think that every game publisher wants to see money coming from it, and SCS here have a good strategy, quantity not quality, a few changes from Convoy to Haullin and they have allready a new game. So their new project will be released in less then a year.

About RNR, they should not say anything about release date until they are sure to make it on time, so many releasing dates....
Old 10-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Default Software Engineering

These guys obviously have never heard of Software Engineering. If they have a software engineer employed, they must have found the worst one that walk the face of the earth. I have no doubt that the individual developers in this game are good at what they do. The trailers and screenshots confirm this. Software engineering is not only about design, programming, modeling etc, but it also means to have a clearly defined process for how to design, implement,test and evaluate the product. Each step in this process must be clearly defined, and each step should have their own process, but they should be completely defined within the larger process. With a well defined process you already most test cases should already be completely defined before any implementation of code actually starts. Yes, this a LOT of work, but without doubt it pays off.
It is fairly obvious from the reports we've been getting from this project that they don't have a clearly defined process, or it does not work very well.

For example:
"We are developing the system of automatic error checks for the game."
Testing is one of the most important aspect of a software process, and a system for error checks should be completely defined before implementation starts. Or do they mean implementing the system of automatic error checks? Still, this is done at a very late stage.

"The game world has gone through technical testing (testing on the consistency of the objects in the game world), right now we are testing the characters of the game world."
This is good. This indicates they have a working test process.

"The development of missions is complete. We are testing it and fixing all the bugs."
"We are also finishing the different scenarios that will be possible in the game."
This is however, not good. This seems to indicate that they develop missions as the project goes along, and as they come up with new ideas. When you add features at a late stage in a project, there is a big risk this will have implications on other parts of the code and modules, meaning a lot more testing is needed that might trigger redesigns to optimize for the new solution.

Now, I must also say that developing a game world of this size is a huge task. It might very well be so that for the task at hand, they are way understaffed. 5 years for a project like this is just crazy. Missing a deadline is a strong indication that there was something wrong with the process, but happens most of the time as deadlines often are deliberately underestimated in order to get the project started in the first place. Imagine if someone you something like this: "We have just started developing a new truck simulator, and with our previous work in the business, it will be the best game ever... and you can expect it in stores just in time for the holiday season of 2012".
Well, these guys have missed the release date not once, twice, thrice, I don't know, but hey, they have missed it alright.

[/i]
Old 10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

but look S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl is Ukraine developers game.That game was developed so long too six or seven years and they released this game.Im realy sure Rig 'n' Roll will be released too.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

I have no doubt whatsoever that the game will be released. I also think they are now back on track, after doing some serious wrestling with some things that took way too much time. I think we'll see a demo sometime around January/February. Mind! This is just my guess after reading their update reports.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknisse
I have no doubt whatsoever that the game will be released. I also think they are now back on track, after doing some serious wrestling with some things that took way too much time. I think we'll see a demo sometime around January/February. Mind! This is just my guess after reading their update reports.
We can only hope and yes they pushed the date again from 2007 it is on the 1c download site of Rig n Roll. It says 2008. Really guys what I am getting at is that. They should of told us from the beginning that this is a big project not saying every year it is this year and this or maybe next. if it is a 5 year project tell us up front. We are not 5 year old children. some of us are the same age or alittle under or alittle older. I honesty feel that they have just done this to try and keep our interest but the sad part is that they got our attention when they said that they are going to do a truck simulator! What they are doing now is just toying with us. I just want a straight answer like anyone else. Like We are working hard but the game will not be finished this year. and if they finish before then tell us. Instead of toying with us and saying this year and stuff all over again give us an estimate idea what they have left and how long it would take. Like We have a few bugs to fix and it should be release around march 2008. And in that give us afew new screen shots and that is it.

If it is not the year of 2008 then i will just pack up and leave because this is not fair for us

bigbubba467
Old 10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

bigbubba467 is right on every point. All is said, nothing to add. I personally don't expect in 2007, it's just not possible, so expect another Merry Christmas picture on official site without the released game.