Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: Choosing California for Rig'n'Roll was a great idea
Yes 27 75.00%
No 9 25.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

I voted YES.
I have been in CA for 10 days and I can say - it's really a wonderful place of the world. The idea of making the game using CA seems to be fine, but as for me, it is too early to say something untill we'll see how it looks in the game.
I think that tractor-trailer work in the U.S. much more structured and civilized than in Russia, so probably it is much more interesting to be a virtual truck driver in California. Also, as developers told us - there will be the real streets e.t.c. Would be the game take place in Russia - I don't think it would be really interesting for international gamers.

JOleg
Quote:
California has far better roads than Russia
It is Los Angeles, that considered to be the city with the worst roads in the U.S. The second one is NYC I suppose.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucksims
LMFAO After living here in California, I have to agree with you. I like I said people have seen to many movies and think its great downhere
Yeah. When I was a kid, I thought california was the coolest place to go, EVER. Then when I got to finally go there, I was not very impressed. However, I like some of the cities. San francisco is one of the collest cities ever built, they got the golden gate bridge, alcatraz, the nieghbourhoods in itself would be a really cool place to live and enough to put up with the surrounding bullshit. Treasure island was neat too. When you head east towards nevada I like that area too, like nevada city is a neat little town up in northeast cali for example. granzella was a palce I stopped to eat, just north of san francisco, neat little township just off the highway, and I happened to buy some extremely hot hotsauce there. There's lots to california, as long as you stay away from the major interstates and cities. I would have been more pleased to see the state of nevada or soemthing, or new mexico or even arizona. They got some nice mountain ranges through there and interesting stuff like the extraterrestrial highway and the entrance to groom lake road and area 51. I just really like those deserted desert roads down there, they're really eerie and mysterious driving through them at night. I'm not looking forward to being caught in a los angeles traffic jam EVER again.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku
Of course I would love to see my home state of Pennsylvania, which is also a beautiful state, but California is the best.
I live in PA too, Ubaku. Cool.

I like California as a choice since I used to live near San Francisco in a city named Antioch.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

guys I live in California.. it both sucks and rocks at the same time (and different times). It evolves very quickly.. you can't judge it like Europe.

but in general.. places like Fresno, Bakersfield, and especially Barstow are just dumps

Los Angeles area is one big dumpster.. (people/culture wise) but because of the location at least there you don't feel like you're in the middle of the desert... and since there's so many people its more interesting in general.

It would be awesome if later on in the game Hawaii could somehow be unlocked. That would look beautiful!!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Approved Member

Iraq present day would be fun
Old 10-23-2007, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

I'd say no that California was a good idea. What about Florida.. or better, New York?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie
It would be awesome if later on in the game Hawaii could somehow be unlocked. That would look beautiful!!
That would be a quick trip. Are there even semis on Hawaii? I bet they get their supplies from airplanes and boats from the contiguous USA.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

It wouldn't be a quick trip with all the traffic!!

and that's not the point. It would be like a reward for completing a big part of the game.. wouldn't it be awesome? someone told me there will be romance in the game.. so perhaps you could go there for honey moon or just vacation. and have to deliver a load taking ferries from island to island. Even just staying on the one main one would be good enough. I think everyone would want to download that if it came out as expansion. Though Las Vegas or something in Mexico wouldn't be bad either.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Approved Member

I have never been to Hawaii yet, but it seems so small on the map. Yes, it would be nice to virtually "travel" to other places. That is another reason why I like flight simulators too.

Romance? In the story right? I hope, it is not like I have to go find myself a trucker girl to win.

Las Vegas...that sounds nice to see in Rig'n'Roll. I have been there once. I liked the colorful atmosphere.