Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Approved Member

Default Inbetweening on waypoint tab?

There is an 'Inbetweening' section on an objects waypoint tab. The inbetweening section has a number of options...

a. A textbox for puting in 'number of waypoints.
b. An option for before & after current waypoint.
c. A tickbox for 'interpolate altitude'.
d. A tickbox for 'interpolate speed'.
e. A tickbox for 'carry over type'.
f. A button for 'Create'

Can anyone shed any light what the 'inbetweening' section is for?

[EDIT] - Never mind, I figured it out

Get the latest COD Team Fusion patch info HERE
Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Approved Member

Well dont keep it to yourself Salmo
Old 04-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Well dont keep it to yourself Salmo
Let's say you have 2 waypoints, a takeoff waypoint and a waypoint of 3000m height & 300km speed, and you want to set a smooth transition between the 2 waypoints.

Then click on one of the waypoints, use the "Inbetweening" section on the waypoint tab to automatically create a set of new waypoints between the two existing points.

In my example, click on the takeoff waypoint, then

a. A textbox for puting in 'number of waypoints = 2 (this is the number of new waypoints to generate)
b. An option for before & after current waypoint = after (new waypoints are genrate before or after the currently active waypoint)
c. A tickbox for 'interpolate altitude' = ticked (a smooth transition in altitude at begining & end waypoints)
d. A tickbox for 'interpolate speed' = ticked (a smooth transition in speed at begining & end waypoints)
e. A tickbox for 'carry over type' = unticked (this will carry over the waypoint type [normal flight, cover etc] to the newly generated waypoints)
f. A button for 'Create' = creates the specified number of waypoints.

... and voila! You now have 2 new waypoints between your original points, and they're set at the right altitude & speed. They can of course, then be dragged around as required. Quite a handy little utility actually

Last edited by salmo; 04-10-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

So without this, lets say we have two waypoints. One at 500m's and 300kmh. The other at 3000m's and and 400kmh. They will say at 500m's and 300kmh untill they reach the second way point? Its my experience that they will climb gradualy.

Did I miss something?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Yes, but if you need intermediate waypoints, especially height waypoints then I've found 'inbetweening' useful.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

The biggest reason for the inbetweening IMO, is simply to allow you to add more waypoints after you've screwed up

Without the inbetweening you have to delete waypoints until you get to the point you want to change, or you'll end up changing all your waypoints up until that point to fix/change what you wanted to happen. Inbetweening, just like the name, gives you the ability to fix your mistakes on the fly. (lets add waypoints to our existing points!) It usually doesn't take long to get an idea of what you want an airgroup to do and soon find out after adding another 40 airgroups you need to change some stuff up.

The inbetweening is a great thing to have and a huge time saver. I've never thought of it as a speed fixer or a way to make gradual changes that the normal waypoints don't do, but perhaps it does that as well.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

I find the chevrons useful for this Bliss, you simply hit them and it takes all the data from the current viewed waypoint to the next. That way you can hammer out the flight path, get one to alt and behaviour and just spread it to the rest.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

I don't think you quite understood what I was saying. Basically lets say you have a flight path including taking off and landing. But soon figured out you need to add another way point inbetween the last waypoint which would be landing. Without inbetweening you would either be moving the landing waypoint and changing it then adding on to it, or deleting it all together adding your other waypoints to finish it.

Inbetweening is simply allowing you to add way points inbetween the 1st and last waypoints you have for an object.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

I thought of 1 instance where this is actual useful to me. When plotting bomber paths and you need different functions at way points but want them still in a straight line. When you do it by hand its never really that straight.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

I take a laser level and hang it on the side of my monitor to make straight long distance way points lol. Seriously it works great

ATAG Forums + Stats