Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox3 View Post
Hmmm think i may of hit a nerve.
Nah, the main thing is that every second post in this thread is you pointing out the same things in ROF. Sure, it runs better, so does Il2 Forgotten Battles, it's an older and more simple engine so that's a given. Yes, it's in a more polished state, once again it's had years to get there (and it had a similarly rough start). Most of us are ROF players as well, although the game has started to get a little behind the times for me (unfortunately). It's not a contest, and threads like these are great for sharing pictures and highlighting little details made possible by such an advanced engine, your multitude of posts don't contribute much to this discussion.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox3 View Post
Hmmm think i may of hit a nerve.
I think you are unnerving. This is the Il2 CoD Forum, not the RoF Foum.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Come on guys, ROF is an WW1 sim ... with airplanes less complicated to operate than the WW2 ones therefore less complicated to simulate.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:57 AM
fox3

ROF is awsome dont you think?
Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 07-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think you are unnerving. This is the Il2 CoD Forum, not the RoF Foum.

You know a game (and community) is going down the drain when mods and fanboys try to remove or suppress any mention of other games in the forum.

We used to chat with Oleg about other flight sims and games and now, when someone mentions another flight sim, ten guys jump in for "damage control".

We used to have a high resolution screenshots thread on UBI, that ran for years, and we posted tons of images about other games and people were never this offended by it.

It's really sad.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Jaws2002; 07-15-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

The original screenshot thread has been moved and buried in the 'Pilots Lounge' (for some reason??) if you want to see more screens

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
You know a game (and community) is going down the drain when mods and fanboys try to remove or suppress any mention of other games in the forum.

We used to chat with Oleg about other flight sims and games and now, when someone mentions another flight sim, ten guys jump in for "damage control".

We used to have a high resolution screenshots thread on UBI, that ran for years, and we posted tons of images about other games and people were never this offended by it.

It's really sad.
It's not the discussion of other sims that's boring, in fact most people here fly other sims as well. It's the attitude with which it is usually brought to the table, ie "don't fly this, fly that instead", like a negative advertisement or something.

I agree with what you say partly, but the truth is that when every single thread tends to go down the same road it's all the more difficult to maintain some balance. What i'm trying to say is that if certain people (not all, just a few really and i'm definitely not pointing the finger at you) could sort out their manners a little bit, we wouldn't need to be keeping such a tight leash on the place and as a result discussions could broaden up a bit. It's a "help me help you" situation
Old 07-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

I know they moved it. What I was trying to say is that, in the old UBIzo "Il2 high resolution screenshots" thread, we posted a lot of shots from other games and nobody complained about it.
Now as soon as someone mentions another game some people feel that CLOD is treatened in some way and start complaining or worse. I've seen mods jump in and move simple, honest informative threads (info that a new patch was avaible for ROF) away from the general discission.

Anyway, I'm not at all interested in looking at screenshots from this game, as most of the beauty was chopped off.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit

Last edited by Jaws2002; 07-15-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws2002 View Post
Now as soon as someone mentions another game some people feel that CLOD is treatened in some way and start complaining or worse. I've seen mods jump in and move simple, honest informative threads (info that a new patch was avaible for ROF) away from the general discission.
Talking about another game`s pros and good ideas where applicable is never bad. Making a RoF forum out of CloD forum is.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not at all interested in looking at screenshots from this game, as most of the beauty was chopped off.
Then please another time choose to avoid such threads as RoF screenshot thread is elswhere.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Approved Member

Of course, theres always the possibility of someone perma banned a long time ago for trolling the forums re registering just to spam any positive CoD threads with RoF info.
Just off to check a few things.