Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie View Post
I badly want to play this game, I think those complaining about this not being a pure simulator should do a reality check. This has been announced for years now, since what 2006? The developers gave interviews. This is supposed to be mass-market, they tried to please everyone but it may prove to please no one. As long as the initial sales are good (which is alien territory for a truck game) the game could continue to improve through patches, but of course the physics won't just transform (maybe sequels then). The thing I love most about it is the style of graphics. It looks like Japanese arcade game like Scud Racer, 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker. or those Runabout games. I don't know how to describe it. It's more of a philosophy of how to look good. It's the clean look, rather than ultra realism with the latest lighting effects. I like the style even more than Big Mama Trucking and all those. There are huge differences obviously but I meant for example the 'comical' people and car models.
These types of graphics never required the newest graphics cards, but used big ramand sometimes multiple processors. If you want to play some of those Sega games, from 1995, on a home computer, Nvidia won't save you
I like the graphic style too. It is realistic, but done with unique style,bit like a painting style so whole look is not based on the various efects. King of the road had this too so when you get in to it still looks very good and realistic.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
11.The graphics aparently arent that demanding on your gpu...nope.. you need 3gb ram+ ( i have 4gb ) and a heckuva powerfull cpu if not you will experience low fps in the 10-30 range.....
Optimization is absolutely awful. I ran it on c2d e6400 @3.2Ghz, 8800GTS 512, 3Gb ram and i had 10-30 fps. It was unplayable for me. So, i upgraded my cpu and ram to phenom 2 x4 945 3ghz and 4Gb ddr3 and unfortunately hardly anything has changed except with the new cpu loaded by around 50%. It is still unplayable.