Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up My review

Lets see, based on many hours/days spent on it ,and after finishing the game on expert in all the 3 possible endings plot and golden trucker/carrier of the year awards my humble opinion/review of RNR :

1.The ai/police is lame meaning the trucks , your competition doesnt obey the same ingame physics laws your truck is obeying, also they never refuel and never run out of fuel either ...

2.The collision system is strange to say the least .

3.Players truck physics are damn awsome..a bit extreme when its snowing your truck is simply sliding above 40 mph .

4.The choice of trailers is nice meaning there is enough variety.

5.Raining and the raining effects are simply outstanding i love it , specially at night

6.Truck sounds are nice but it could be better , although the 3 ingame engine types sound clearly different it wouldnt hurt for more engine types ( different manunfacturers )

7.Aparently different trucks come with different tank sizes i could be wrong but it depends on what engine you have equipped from what i noticed in my 2 weeks+ of rnr sessions....thats good also all trucks have different top/max speeds ( im talking about the trucks ingame not the real life counterparts.)

8.All trucks are different meaning i tested them with the lowest hp engine equipped thats the 400 i guess wich fits on all trucks currently ingame save one if i remember correctly>>( apart from that sterling 9500 wich comes with 335-380 max hp engine ) , all of them achieve their top speed with/without trailers attached different meaning a peterbilt 378 isnt the same as an western star 4900 or an kenworth t600 with the same engine equipped wich is nice thats what i noticed and there is clearly a difference here between trucks wethere some will accept it or not from my experience ingame, also there is an underpowered truck and an op ( no not that LOLGEPARDJETENGINE crap ) truck ingame already wich is good i wont say wich but after 1-2 days from playing rnr you will know it , wich is good again because it adds variety....( im talking about the trucks ingame not the real life counterparts.)

8.The one thing i hate about rnr is that every mistake you do even if you manage to hit your trailer after being rescued/called 911 after an accident or whatever the police will fine you...haha ...in a trucking game wich isnt an arcade nor a simulation thats too much.

9.Also they need to add back the odometer.

10.Also its somewhat rewarding to be able to continue the game story/plot mode after finishing the plot missions , you can play it anyways if you dont manage to get awarded golden carrier/trucker of the year anyways

11.The graphics aparently arent that demanding on your gpu...nope.. you need 3gb ram+ ( i have 4gb ) and a heckuva powerfull cpu if not you will experience low fps in the 10-30 range.....

12.And the last the map is big enough , you wont get bored easily heck even after more than 2 weeks of rnring i still play story mode just for delivering loads in my custom trucks...its brilliant.

*Furtheremore the game needs the trucks they cut out ( because of all that licensing crap ) put back in with fake names whatever.... if they add those and a CB system similar to that from 18wos PTTM where you could actually ask for a damn weather report ( not the one from black shark lol ) from your fellow truckers on the road using the CB it would add alot of realism ..... if they add those it would be the trucking game of the century.

also i posted a similar thread on truckpol for the people who never visit this site for some reason or another....i hope some people realise that RNR isnt an SIMULATOR nor an ARCADE its a mix and its a damn good one.
So thats what i think of RNR after 17 days of RNRing its an great experience id give it 7.9/10 best trucking game ever after kotr and 18wos pttm ( other 18wos tiles are pure crap in my opinion ) and ets ( ets wich is a simulator so that doesnt really count ) .

nr.5 is the truck that carried me through the whole game about 95% not counting the argosy you get at start of the story mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (191.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (298.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (451.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (383.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (468.5 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by plolq; 12-18-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: -_-
Old 12-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Approved Member

nice review, mate.
the screens are interesting, i´d like to see more of them.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Approved Member

Epic fine/ticket ( attached thumb) got from the police a while ago ....also some pics from my time during the story mode while delivering all kinds of loads with various trucks, the police gets a beating in 1 or 2 serves them right...i get a nice ticket after doesnt matter though , the forth image shows a nice truck to human ingame size ratio wich i think is close to life like dimensions.

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/76154020.jpg/
http://img26.imageshack.us/i/333vi.jpg/
http://img189.imageshack.us/i/damnpolice.jpg/
http://img26.imageshack.us/i/persons...aredtoatr.jpg/
http://img38.imageshack.us/i/photo0001se.jpg/
http://img26.imageshack.us/i/photo0003xv.jpg/
http://img26.imageshack.us/i/photo0004y.jpg/
http://img38.imageshack.us/i/photo0008zq.jpg/
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/photo0020m.jpg/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg epic fine.jpg (173.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by plolq; 12-19-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
6.Truck sounds are nice but it could be better , although the 3 ingame engine types sound clearly different it wouldnt hurt for more engine types ( different manufacturers )
with the trucks that have provided in the game those are the only 3 engine manufacturers available in real life(cummins,cat and detroit)......besides mercedes benz engines in freightliner, but nobody count's those as engines because they suck.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Approved Member

This game owns.....yes it has low fps issues but they will get fixed i guess..in the meantime..after playing rnr ..i wanted to get back in the mood for the new scs title coming out...( LOL....) for GTS but lol aparently coming back from this to that thing called Ets...aint working for me, good job rnr devs no other truck game is/will be the same after you play RNR.

My latest toy :

Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plolq View Post
This game owns.....yes it has low fps issues but they will get fixed i guess..in the meantime..after playing rnr ..i wanted to get back in the mood for the new scs title coming out...( LOL....) for GTS but lol aparently coming back from this to that thing called Ets...aint working for me, good job rnr devs no other truck game is/will be the same after you play RNR.
Thats music to my ears, it seems the long wait may have been worthwile, im playing ETS at the minute and i am really liking it, if RnR is better then i cant wait for the english release
Old 01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=plolq;129723]

3.Players truck physics are damn awsome..a bit extreme when its snowing your truck is simply sliding above 40 mph .

[QUOTE]

who made you say that ? :] as much as I have seen (played bout a week) truck physics are awfull. Realtime physic are lame and whery simple and it has some effects on top and I think truck doesn't even feel the weight of the cargo.It is very hard to feel the truck on the road, and uncomfortable to drive when all truck starts turning like it was one big wheel. It is a shame that some magazines give reviews like : “Rig’n’Roll honestly fulfills its main function – authentically simulates driving heavy trucks.” :[
Old 01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flykas View Post
who made you say that ? :] as much as I have seen (played bout a week) truck physics are awfull. Realtime physic are lame and whery simple and it has some effects on top and I think truck doesn't even feel the weight of the cargo.It is very hard to feel the truck on the road, and uncomfortable to drive when all truck starts turning like it was one big wheel. It is a shame that some magazines give reviews like : “Rig’n’Roll honestly fulfills its main function – authentically simulates driving heavy trucks.” :[
I have to agree here. From my brief time spent driving in the game I can tell that the physics are nowhere near realistic. They aren't completely awful, either, but to say that the game authentically conveys the feeling of driving a truck is a joke and I, too, wonder how game reviewers can make such statements.

For example, on one occasion my truck spun out of control when I hit a kerb like an F1 car getting a wheel on the grass at 300kph. How is that realistic behaviour for a heavy truck doing ~20kph (I was making a U-turn)? Also, one time a cop car rammed into my truck and the truck just went spinning all over the road like it weighed no more than a little toy car, lol

I haven't tried backing up with a trailer or even really payed much attention to the trailer physics so I can't comment on those. I don't play the game anymore, I'll wait 'till the English version is released.

That being said I do think this game can be very enjoyable as long as you drive properly and keep the truck on the road like you're supposed to, and you don't have to go running from the cops. I only wish they would greatly improve the transmission model in the game, that's the biggest let down for me at the moment.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

I badly want to play this game, I think those complaining about this not being a pure simulator should do a reality check. This has been announced for years now, since what 2006? The developers gave interviews. This is supposed to be mass-market, they tried to please everyone but it may prove to please no one. As long as the initial sales are good (which is alien territory for a truck game) the game could continue to improve through patches, but of course the physics won't just transform (maybe sequels then). The thing I love most about it is the style of graphics. It looks like Japanese arcade game like Scud Racer, 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker. or those Runabout games. I don't know how to describe it. It's more of a philosophy of how to look good. It's the clean look, rather than ultra realism with the latest lighting effects. I like the style even more than Big Mama Trucking and all those. There are huge differences obviously but I meant for example the 'comical' people and car models.
These types of graphics never required the newest graphics cards, but used big ramand sometimes multiple processors. If you want to play some of those Sega games, from 1995, on a home computer, Nvidia won't save you

Last edited by doordie; 01-13-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doordie View Post
These types of graphics never required the newest graphics cards, but used big ramand sometimes multiple processors. If you want to play some of those Sega games, from 1995, on a home computer, Nvidia won't save you
You come up with a lot of BS for someone that knows soooo much about computers. I have many Sega games loaded into my son's computer from 1995, and prior games. Get a grip, and stop flooding the forum with your inadequate advice.