Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Default High hopes..

Hi

I have just bought the russian version, even though my knowledge of russian is pretty poor, because I've been waiting for so long. The game looks good but:
1) why do the indicators stay on, and cannot be switched off with the same button?
2) Why the mirrors are ******. Why not use the 18WOS type mirrors
3)Looking left and right - head shouldn't stay in that position but go back to the straight position - you only want to take a quick glance most of the time, not stare.
Small things that make the game almost not playable...

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 12-06-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Approved Member

almost unplayable? You have got to be kidding and whatch your language, one * doesn't cover anything.

Last edited by Freak Of Nature; 12-06-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Unfortunately so. Driving a lorry without being able to use mirrors is really like driving it blindfolded, don't you think? Use the blinker once when changing lanes and it keeps going till you do a full 90 degree turn.
Don't get me wrong the game is superb, but these small detail spoil all the fun - you don't enjoy the rest because of them.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Approved Member

well you can control camera not only with mouse, but with numbers also, try it it's really confortable
Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Approved Member

Or if you're playing with a wheel can't you assign one of your wheel's buttons to "look left/right" ? If you can look left/right with using the numbers like Freak says, you should easily be able to assign those functions to a button on your wheel, making it easier to glimpse in your mirrors.

Obviously the best way to play this game would be with a head tracking device like TrackIR or other alternatives; that way you just move your head slightly and the camera in the game will move to the side you move your head to.

I agree that the turn indicator thing is very annoying, if it is indeed like you say. Isn't there any way to turn it off manually? That really sucks.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndru View Post
Use the blinker once when changing lanes and it keeps going till you do a full 90 degree turn.
If you're using default control keys, try pressing Ctrl + blinker key to switch it off.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndru View Post
Hi
3)Looking left and right - head shouldn't stay in that position but go back to the straight
I have to agree, having this feature would be very valuable and make the game a lot easier to play. Since it would be extremely easy to implement, I recommend this to an upcoming patch. (Is there a patch suggestions thread?)
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknisse View Post
I have to agree, having this feature would be very valuable and make the game a lot easier to play. Since it would be extremely easy to implement, I recommend this to an upcoming patch. (Is there a patch suggestions thread?)
Yes, and here it is http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11413
Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Approved Member

Get TrackIR 4/5 and get more in touch with your mirrors and the world around you.
Using it for more then 2 Years now and i can say, thats the best hardware i ever bought.
Unfortunally, 1C dont shows any real intention to explain how to use the promised TrackIR support. Well, maybe we will figure it out, sooner... or later...
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr luder View Post
Get TrackIR 4/5 and get more in touch with your mirrors and the world around you.
Not everyone can afford to fork out that kind of cash for stuff like that, though. Fortunately there are other (less expensive) alternatives as well.