Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 09-13-2018, 10:21 PM
Approved Member

Default Circling torpedoes, bombsite use?

When dropping the circling torpedoes they seem to drop straight down, if you use the bomb site they wont land anywhere near the target due to the chute making them drop straight down. However, if you use the bomb site as a line up aid only and slowly bring it down to vertical only and drop when ships pass under the reticle at vertical it seems to land quite near and begin its circling profile. Was making a mission where IL-4 are to drop circling torps into Kerch harbor and even with gatk icon well past the ships the ai seem to be dropping as if it were a regular bomb. So I either hit the coast line or just into the edge of the harbor. Im at 3000m at 250 kph. Dropping by myself and using the vertical sight picture im at least near the ships. Any tips or ideas, I consulted the 410 read me and it dosnt give any guidance.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

found this on youtube

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 09-15-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Yes,I've seen that,unfortunately it didn't help. Looks like some of the ju88 are diving and dropping. I've tried several methods, using a farther away ship seems to prove my theory that ai treat it as regular bombs. I switched to bombs and used a center ship as aiming point, all dropped within the group of ships.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Have you tried using the command: Drop bombs on my command? That way all the AI in you flight drop the torpedoes same time as you.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:22 PM
Approved Member

Yes, and if using site at vertical its helpfull.for now I'm measuring the drop distance using the fmb map squares as a reference,basically going 5-700 meters past center of target area using that as gatk waypoint. Now I'm getting better splashdown results. Circling torpedoes may still miss but now they are starting in better range.