Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 03-31-2022, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc_bayern View Post
Dude, your mod is one of the best I have played. Every single battle is epic. But progressing with the levels the goal to end with no or few casualty became more and more difficult. You mod needs more healers desperately. At least one good healer per rаce. Demon healer - Ocultess is a crap and it's impossible to keep her alive. Her ability should ressurect, not only cure. Undead healer - Necromancer. Remove Shackles ability from him(you have this ability in your spellbook and don't need on him) and replace it with Animate Dead ability. Besides Skeletons and Zombies are very fragile and need to revive them constantly. Orc healer - Shaman is good. He has Dance Axes and Protective Totem which are enough but should be used by players more than once per battle.
Finally I should ask some assistance how to complete the quest ''Motley Army''. I gave the trader 2 runes per kind and buy an army from him but the quest doesn't end. What does he means to hire ''small mercenary troops''? I buy several times what I need from him.
Thank you for your feedback. In general, about half of the game will definitely be epic in battles, and then only enemy heroes will pose a threat.

This mod is difficult to pass at all, not to mention heavy losses in many battles. Usually, you can easily earn a Great Strategist's medal at about the thirtieth level.

I would not like to add resurrectionists to each race, here resurrection is a way to reduce losses only sometimes, but not to avoid them completely. To give such opportunities to creatures is to ruin the economy in many ways, because it will be a free replenishment of troops, in fact. This is not exactly what I'm aiming for in development. However, don't worry - there are much more ways to resurrect and replenish troops here than in the original - but later.

As for the quest with a set of mercenaries: to finish it completely, you need to pay 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 Runes of each type, that is, 5 times. This is a very expensive quest, although some try to complete it as early as possible because of the great reward in Leadership and the availability of troops of any race.

Last edited by Molder; 03-31-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Default Crash

I get crashes whenever interacting with any enemy army or the portal towards Dragandor in the catacombs at the beginning of the game. Why does this happen?
Old 05-28-2022, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Knight View Post
I get crashes whenever interacting with any enemy army or the portal towards Dragandor in the catacombs at the beginning of the game. Why does this happen?
Do you have a game log? It seems your mod wasn't installed in a proper way. Crashes usually take place when game is missing some files to operate with.
Old 05-29-2022, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molder View Post
Do you have a game log? It seems your mod wasn't installed in a proper way. Crashes usually take place when game is missing some files to operate with.
I think this is it, found in Dark Side's subfolder in My Games: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbdkw...Crash.rar/file
Old 05-29-2022, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I think this is it, found in Dark Side's subfolder in My Games: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbdkw...Crash.rar/file
No, it's not the right thing. But you're very close! I need a file "game.txt" or "game.log" from the same folder.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Here you go!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d1tlh.../game.log/file
Old 05-29-2022, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The game says it's missing file of a new unit of the mod. The problem is on your side (installation of the mod).
Old 06-03-2022, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Thanks! I will reinstall the mod and check whether that particular file is missing or not.

Edit: It works now! Thanks again!

Last edited by Space Knight; 06-06-2022 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Hello again!

I have started over with the vampire. And my only complain so far is the huge difficulty gap between Hard and Impossible. Impossible really forces you to struggle and medidate every single decision, whereas Hard feels like a cakewalk in comparison. Is there any easy way to change the parameters of any of them?

Congratulations for the mod and the good work. Looking forward to v1.5!
Old 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks! I will reinstall the mod and check whether that particular file is missing or not.

Edit: It works now! Thanks again!
Very good! However, I can't imagine what could have gone wrong before that, but okay.

No problem. Enjoy the game.