Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Tips and hints for Single player campaign

Tips and hints for Single player campaign May contain SPOILERs

Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Default Bonus Missions?

What are bonus missions? I have a mission where I am the US and I take out some German forces in a small village, but there is only that one mission, even after I complete it.

My question is: How does this bonus mission system work?
Old 04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

There is a thread in this forum to unlock all missions. You might want to have a look at it.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

Okay, thanks. But how is this system supposed to work? Does it work like as you complete campaign missions you unlock more bonus missions?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

No. It's kinda a separate campaign. You finish a bonus mission and the next will be unlocked.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Default congrats of defeating that enemy..

I've had a few cracks at that bonus mission and boy that is one tough nut to crack..

I called for reinforcements from behind the screen but alas, it did not help

I will try later.. one can only see so much slaughter of ones own men.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

I am seriously stuck on the 2nd Bonus Campaign mission. You are Russians taking over a small village with an artillery base on a little hill just to the east of the village. I have no idea how to complete this mission.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernautOfWar View Post
I am seriously stuck on the 2nd Bonus Campaign mission. You are Russians taking over a small village with an artillery base on a little hill just to the east of the village. I have no idea how to complete this mission.

Go east (right) from the place you start at. Terrain there is higher then the artillery hill. Go over the edge of this elevation (lets call it "your hill"), and position your men in the bushes there. What you're going to do now, is drive your tank to the edge of your hill, fire a HE round at the 75mm AT gun on the artillery hill, then immediately reverse, and get back to cover, before the AT fires back at you (if you haven't been extremely lucky, and destroyed it with 1st shot).

What's going to happen now is that a number of enemy soldiers will rush to your position. Wait for them behind the edge of your hill, and kill them when they arrive. Keep in mind some parts of your hill can block your field of fire, so position your men carefully, especially the tank, and the MG guy.

After you kill the soldiers, you have two possibilities:
1. Save the game, then keep going to the edge with your tank, firing, and then reversing until you destroy the AT gun. This is a dangerous game, and be sure that you wait for the AT to fire back at you before you go for another shot.
2. Find a good position for your sniper, and kill the AT crew.

After you do this, take the sniper guy, and go north (up) from your hill towards the road. Stay near the maximum range of your rifle, and kill the guy manning the first MG on the artillery hill, then change position immediately, since there will be a mortar shell on its way to you. Ofc you can always kill the mortar crew first. Repeat this dance until you have cleared the entire artillery hill, including the big 88mm AA gun from the enemy.

Now, get the rest of your guys to your sniper, so that artillery hill is between you and the village. Now, we will take and use the light mortar on the hill to start clearing the village. Before we do this, we need to set up covering positions, since enemy infantry from the village will attack as soon as you attack them. So, use your soldiers to position the two MGs on the hill in such a way that they have a good line of fire in case enemy infantry climbs the artillery hill. Use two guys to move the MGs, then leave only one of them on it. After MGs are in place, take the mortar and position it so you're in range, but of course without direct line of sight to the village. The most dangerous thing in the village is the 20mm flak gun.

After the first mortar shell has been fired, infantry will move towards your hill together with an armored car (this car might also come to you at the beginning when you attack the artillery hill). Use your tank to take care of the armored car (watch the AT gun in the village though), and MGs and mortar to kill the infantry. If enemy fire is too heavy, leave the mortar, get back a bit, kill the advancing enemies, then return. German Puma that is parked behind the house in the village shouldn't move.

Continue clearing the village with the mortar. Your goal is to clear enough so that you can man the 88mm AA gun. If you can, try to kill the guys at the 20mm flak gun with your mortar. It will be an extreme range, so some luck is needed.

After you are satisfied with your mortar performance, move your MGs a bit forward so that they can cover the AA gun. If the enemy 20mm flak is still manned, be careful not to be in its field of fire. After MGs are in place (save here), man the 88mm gun, and immediately take care of the 20mm flak. If possible, try to fire in such a way to kill the crew, but not destroy the gun itself. After its taken care of, proceed to clear the rest of the village using the 88. I believe another half-track will arrive to the village with some infantry. Continue until village is clear. 88mm gun must remain operational, and with AP ammo, this is crucial for the last part.

Be sure to save before Germans attack. Use the pause to repair any enemy equipment in the village that might be useful. There should be a repair kit in your tank, as well as one in the village, near the puma.

Enemy has fled from the village, now its time to defend. Keep someone on the 88mm gun, as well as some infantry near by to provide cover. If that 20mm flak in the village is still ok, man it, it alone is enough to take care of the first few waves of enemy soldiers and armored cars. You will receive some reinforcements (soldiers, AT gun and some tanks), so position them for defense. Enemy tanks will come from east, and north (across the field there). The only advice I can give you is to protect your 88mm gun, use the 20mm flak to kill everything it can (meaning infantry and light vehicles), and position your tanks near the northern egde of the village so they can fire towards the field to the north. Again, the 88mm is capable of killing anything which the Germans will throw at you, so guard it well. If I'm not mistaken, the heaviest tank that will attack you is a Panther(s) in one of the last waves.

I'm certain I forgot something, but what's a good battle without a surprise or two.

Last edited by Tomalak; 04-28-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

Bonus Soviet mission:

The Crossroads

You can use your sniper (Yaroslav Semenov) to kill 99% of german units in and around town.

He's awsome!!!!! He rarely misses. You just have to find a spot to shoot from. They're everywhere. You may have to fall back a lot to hide for a minute or two. But Yaroslav makes short work of the german forces.

Try using your sniper with hit and run tactics. He is extreemly effective. If you use him to his maximun potential, he will allow you to reap many benefits for later on, in the scenario.

1. Enemy vehicles don't move around as much. (Your sniper can shoot from a distance, causing less commotion.)

This helps out later when things re-enforcements arrive.

2. The sniper is better at infiltrating town. He moves with more stealth.

3. His melee attack is more stealthy.

Here's how I do it:

Step 1:

Put all of your men on the tank and drive east into the trees atop the big hill.

Quote:

Tomalak:

"Terrain there is higher then the artillery hill. Go over the edge of this elevation (lets call it "your hill"), and position your men in the bushes there."

Last edited by sspiega; 06-03-2010 at 02:13 AM.