Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Can I Erase Spells from my Spell Book

I tried searching for an answer to this question but couldn't find any.

Early on in my play as a Mage, I learned a bunch of spells that I'm not ever using, and now my Spell book is full. I know I can expand my Spell book a little through skill picks, but is there any way to erase spells that I'm never going to use? I'm worried that my Spell book is choked with Level 1 spells and all I ever do in the early levels is cast Fireball, Poison Skull, and the occasional Trap spell.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

No you can't.

And that's a pity, me too wasted crystals on spells that I have never used.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Yeah. Even more than the Crystals, I'm worried about having wasted slots in my spell book on Lvl 1 spells.

Guess I need to start over my game where I've made it to Level 7 as a Mage.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarAway Sooner View Post
Yeah. Even more than the Crystals, I'm worried about having wasted slots in my spell book on Lvl 1 spells.

Guess I need to start over my game where I've made it to Level 7 as a Mage.
Wait, what? There is no limit on the number of spells you can have in your spellbook. Seriously, all you`ve wasted is crystals.

That, and you never know what spells you`ll find useful later, and that level one spells don`t cost many crystals. You should be fine in the long run.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Really? In the "Wisdom" skill description it says "This skill increases the number of scrolls you can have in your spell book".

If that just means "the number of scrolls I can carry around that aren't scribed into my spellbook", that is much cooler. And means I didn't waste that first bit of playtime.

Thanks so much for those clarifications, guys! I love the game play, but was annoyed at such a lengthy slog for a dead-end that wasn't documented any where.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarAway Sooner View Post
If that just means "the number of scrolls I can carry around that aren't scribed into my spellbook", that is much cooler. And means I didn't waste that first bit of playtime.
That's all it means. Sell extra copies of scrolls occasionally and you'll have no worries.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Default where are the scrolls?

hey all, this one is confusing me too

I've recently upgraded my spell book to 3/3. Doesnt this mean I should have maximum available slots available for spells and scrolls?

I have one 'slot' open in Order, a couple in Distortion, and a few in CHaos. I just landed in the Elven lands and am finding lots of scrolls and my book shows that I am at like 27/15 now -- in other words I should have 12 extra somwhere that I need to sell. Yet I cant find them! So dont know how to sell them. Also, some of them are *new* spells that I havent inscribed yet and I really waynt to, like Teleport and some others. I dont know where they are going, how to find them (even If I buy them) and thus cant scribe them. Again, spellbook is at 3/3 so I would think there would be room to scribe the missing scrolls?

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mage7 View Post
hey all, this one is confusing me too

I've recently upgraded my spell book to 3/3. Doesnt this mean I should have maximum available slots available for spells and scrolls?
What exactly are you referring to when you say your spell book is at 3/3?

Are you referring to the wisdom skill or one of the magic skills (e.g., order magic)?

Regardless, neither skill impacts your ability to scribe scrolls. So when you say "slots available for spells and scrolls", something is off. The game effectively has NO slots for spells, just scrolls. Spell learning is only limited by crystals, not slots.

As to where your scrolls are hanging out, the scrolls for each magic of the 3 skills is behind their tabs. Note that multiple copies of scrolls count against you, and is probably why you are at 27 scrolls. Sell extras and keep one copy each of the ones you intend to scribe or go ahead and scribe if you have the crystals and the requisite 1 skill level in the appropriate magic skill.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepsongrapes View Post
What exactly are you referring to when you say your spell book is at 3/3?

Are you referring to the wisdom skill or one of the magic skills (e.g., order magic)?

Regardless, neither skill impacts your ability to scribe scrolls. So when you say "slots available for spells and scrolls", something is off. The game effectively has NO slots for spells, just scrolls. Spell learning is only limited by crystals, not slots.

As to where your scrolls are hanging out, the scrolls for each magic of the 3 skills is behind their tabs. Note that multiple copies of scrolls count against you, and is probably why you are at 27 scrolls. Sell extras and keep one copy each of the ones you intend to scribe or go ahead and scribe if you have the crystals and the requisite 1 skill level in the appropriate magic skill.
yeah i founf the scrolls.. Didn't see the "next page" at the bottom. what was confusing me was that previously, any 'open areas' of the spell book I would see a scroll sitting there.. whereas once I'd upgraded the spell book to 3/3 (max scrolls, spells) -- the scrolls got pushed off the 1st page but left blank spots there.. so just got visually confused.

Found em and scribed em, thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Sorry about my lack of knowledge regarding KB general stuff...

Im trying to buy new spells but everytime that I try I receive a message telling me that I can´t buy new spells... I´ve been tryin to sell some scrolls (a lot of them) even in such way I can´t buy new spells ... why ??

Thanks in advance !