Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavekeC View Post
Well My favorite item so far is the necklace that gives +30% fire damage.On it's own it's not particularly powerfull or wowing but right now i'm wearing 3 of them and 30 INT making my firerains do 5-6k damage at lvl 22..
Erm... What exactly is this item called and where can you usually find it?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
Erm... What exactly is this item called and where can you usually find it?
neckledge of firestorm is the upgraded item name. location is random. i found it in a tressure chest on an island around elven lands once.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

This fire necklace I saw for sale in castle Nexy in the demon lands, but didn't buy it (was playing as warrior).

My favourite in the last game was definitely the telescope artifact that gives 100% to the attack of shooters (doubles their attack).

The artifact that gives you +5 and +50% against dragons would be the runner up.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

At the moment I am playing with both the crown that gives 100% damage bonus to thorns and the telescopic sight that gives !00% damage bonus to archers. Also have the set that grants 30% critical chance to ranged attacks. Thorns and troops that spawn thorns are wrecking havoc.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Approved Member

I don't think that 100% bonus to attack is so great for thorns, as it effects their base attack. So it basically amounts to thorn-hunters getting +3 or 4 attack (I forget what exactly it is). I found telescopic sight best for cannoneers and/or evil beholders, and the 2 elf archers.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Approved Member

I'm not sure if Telescopic sight works with (Evil) Beholders... Possibly with cannoneers (is cannon a projectile weapon?
Old 11-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Approved Member

The telescopic sight sounds p. cool. The core of my mages current army is composed of sprites, lake faeries and dryads on cra... erm, I mean Anga's Ring. (+3 to speed, initiative and morale of all female creatures iirc.) i I'm using Royal Snakes and Griffins with that cuz I got double greater druids staff, (+4 int. +%50 attack for animals) snake boots (+1 speed AND initiative for all snakes) and the griffin kings feather(regalia, +1 speed to griffins and all lvl1 critters) AND on top of that the winged wind( a pair o' sandals that gives all flying and soaring creatures +1 speed). Obviously this combo is possible with Xeona who is the best wife evarr imho. I'm keeping elves and hunters in reserve for fights where I think a ranged element could be useful plus they get a morale bonus for being in an all-elf army. This alternative army of mine would be MUCH more viable with this telescopic sight but I never found it in my game and I'm lvl 24 in demonis now. Is it a rare item? Where do you usually get it?

Last edited by Eldritch; 11-01-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Best about those two, they are always in the game and they have become essential to my strategie (which helped me beat impossible in 24 days)

Little example:

Its an ok unit with fairly good initiative and speed and 0.21 average dam/leadership (Green Dragons for an example have 0.06 and Ancient Ents have 0.1) and of course "No retaliation"

Now with those 2 items from above

This is a killer unit. 9 Init and 8 speed beats black dragons and will always be first in battle. Allowing the unit to basically fly over the entire battlefield at will. Morale is at max allowing the unit to crit more often and the unit now deals an amazing 0.36 damage/leadership. Thats 6! times the amount of damage a stack of Green Dragons would do with the same leadership requirement. This is basically like a ranged unit.

After those two the Dragon Slayers sword, Raghas Shield and any item that adds 1 to damage (there is a dagger in the game with +1 poison damage)

Another +1 damage would give those Fairies more than 0.5 dam/leadership. I have seen these stacks doing more than 20k damage on critical hits.

Last edited by MajorS; 11-01-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Wait, I don't get it - how does the Whip contribute anything to the Fairies?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

It adds +1 fire damage to all creatures (each one gets +1 damage, fire type). Best used with level 1 units (beacause of low leadership cost, so one can have maaaaaaany of them).