Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Default Top 5 favourite items in your game

As the name implies, what are the top 5 (in no particular order) favourite items in your game. I will start first.

1) Elven crown
Add 1000 leadership
+1 morale to elves

2) Dead Skull
+5 Att
+5 Int

3) Ragha's Shield
+6 Def
50% resistance against dragon attacks
Use: Recruit a * Dragon once/lvl

4) Ancient Amulet
+4 Int
+15 mana
Use: Gives 10 magic runes after 50 battles once

5) Sword of Light
+5 Att (+10 during daytime combat)
-20% def of undead and demon

There are also notable ones like the intellect ring since it gives a permanent bonus. The dragon cloak is also nice since the armor in my game are pretty bad. I think it will be very useful for mages. I also read about the scope which improves ranged damage, i would love that one too but i can't find it in my game.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

The only particularly good items I've even found are Prismatic Helmet (+10 mana [I think], +20% combat magic damage) and something like Hellfury Amulet (+30% fire damage).

Archemage's Staff isn't bad either (+5 INT, +25% lightning damage).

Question: can you equip multiple of the same items? If I had like 4 Marshall's Batons could i put one on me and three on the Elf wife, for +4000 LDR?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

My son and daughter. Despite the fact they take up two inventory slots on my wife, I think those are the coolest.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

1) Elven Crown

2) Banner of True Faith (regalia)
+4 Defense
+800 Leadership
-1 to undead morale
use:gives 10 mind runes after 50 victories

3) Griffin's Banner (regalia)
-30% to Griffin leadership

4) Ancient Amulet

5) Gladiator Sword
+4 Attack
+15 Rage
use:gives 10 might runes after 50 victories

I do have to change my priorities at the end-game though and I replaced some of this stuff with Ragha's Shield and Dragon's Slayer Sword

Last edited by Tuplis; 10-05-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

funny

i havent seen any of above items exept dragon shield and the skull.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennec View Post
funny

i havent seen any of above items exept dragon shield and the skull.
there's alot of items in the game, and since it's random content, and some items probably have less chance than others to appear, it'd probably take several play throughs, to see all the items.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Indeed so i would rather not say what items are my favorites and such so far.. besides some items work best in combination with certain units, so one would imagine that those who mention the elven crown are rather fond of using elven units for example.. i mean wouldn't be that much use to anyone with orks or dwarves..

But i will say i quite like the banner of true faith and the banner of heroism.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Well i guess the Elven Crown pawns hard in early game when you have 1000 leadership yourself.

My personal best is Dragon Slayer's Sword
+5 att
+50% att against dragons

Just love it couse im obsessed with all thats connected with dragons and i like the +5 att not to mention that +50% is really needed against those dragons.

Rest of the items heavilly depends on simply the units you have available for hire, the availability of items , tactics you use.
Atm im playing on impossible and i got on swamps from the Frog Castle quest the Dwarven Scope that gives +100% att to archers with projectile wepons. Too bad its just with projectile couse there is so much more archers in the game. No to mention how would it work when you got that in early game with the head item +100% for thorns and you were available to get 2 thorns at lvl 4-6 with the Elven crown. Damn that would rox
Old 10-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Well My favorite item so far is the necklace that gives +30% fire damange.
On it's own it's not particularly powerfull or wowing but right now i'm wearing 3 of them and 30 INT making my firerains do 5-6k damage at lvl 22.

Are there any other particular items that make you do more fire or magic damage in general ? For the rest i like the wizards mantle for its mana and resistance vs hero's

As a weapon the dragonslayers sword or the +3attk +3int sword depending on what the enemy force is made of offcourse.

Also liking the elven crown for its huge leadership bonus and also the banner of true faith for another huge leadership bonus.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

2 x Great Druid's Staff with Griffins, Bears and Royal Snakes. Also Dead Skull, very helpfull for my paladin, but it was mentioned before.