Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrinker View Post
Don't forget the 'SPACE' bar!!!!! it's in the manual but it's a very important key. You can pause the real time screen and check the power of the enemy near you (if you have a high enough scouting skill). I like that feature!
Hey Souldrinker, is that a Duvel glass I see before me?

I live in Australia but *love* Belgian beer.

/offtopic
Old 09-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Default early game tip

First off I'm on my iPhone so I'm making this short and sweet. I see alot of people struggling early game. You know that spot where u see the knights standing guard in front of the tent? You can recruit the horse guys without fighting that battle. Run right pass them to the backside of the tent. They will not follow. They will move a little so wait tip they go back to their starting position. Inch you way down the side of the tent. Click on the tent. It will pop up the window. Buy your guys. Now get ready to run. As soon as you close the window run back behind the tent. If your fast you won't get into battle. Then wait for the guards to move back to their position and then run past them. Obviously save before doing this. I've hard my horse guys for several levels. There are only a few so don't let them die. Get inquisitors in your group so u can red them if they die. Sorry this doesn't look neat, but it's hard to type something this long on he iPhone.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

I'm going to give that a crack when I get home.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGary321 View Post
First off I'm on my iPhone so I'm making this short and sweet. I see alot of people struggling early game. You know that spot where u see the knights standing guard in front of the tent? You can recruit the horse guys without fighting that battle. Run right pass them to the backside of the tent. They will not follow. They will move a little so wait tip they go back to their starting position. Inch you way down the side of the tent. Click on the tent. It will pop up the window. Buy your guys. Now get ready to run. As soon as you close the window run back behind the tent. If your fast you won't get into battle. Then wait for the guards to move back to their position and then run past them. Obviously save before doing this. I've hard my horse guys for several levels. There are only a few so don't let them die. Get inquisitors in your group so u can red them if they die. Sorry this doesn't look neat, but it's hard to type something this long on he iPhone.
for me it was easier just to lure them out of that area. it takes a bit to master but basically if u r close enough to any group they will follow/chase you. the trick here is to stay in that range while keeping moving (u can get out of range save and go back to luring right after). once u r close to the main castle u can just double back buy what ever u need (can even do 2nd run after leaving the 1st purchased group in the main castle).
Old 09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Another small detail I noticed this morning...the scroll vendors have many more scrolls to the right if you click over...I thought they just had 4.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixreborn View Post
Another small detail I noticed this morning...the scroll vendors have many more scrolls to the right if you click over...I thought they just had 4.
Yeah, the same with unit selection. I've been playing this game for a half of a year and only noticed that yesterday.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Hire Marauders, split them into two groups and loot every corpse in the battlefield. A good way to make money early
Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

Even one group of Marauders can prominently increase your money income from every battle
They have an ability to loot the corpses twice in the battle.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynnit View Post
troops in castles renews when you pass king quests and gain nobility ranks.
in taverns, shops and ets... troops never renew (or renew rarely, when you do some quests for tavern or shop keeper)
Thanks. I guess it's quite important to be careful with good troops, then.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

It's not terribly important to be careful with the good troops... because you'll replace them kinda soon.
After I reached the dwarven lands, I replaced most of my humans with dwarves (not the inquisitors though). Now, in the elven lands, I replaced anything with elves, keeping cyclopses and giants though. I like those troops