Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

Default No Exploit - Undead - Impossible

So its my first game of KB, but I'm really having a great time with it.

Around level 11, just cleared the western islands and I'm running the following army:

Ghosts
Vampire
Royal Snakes
Evil Beholder
Beholder

My supply of beholders and vampires has run dry, so i've only got 8 beholders and 44 vampires left. My game has basically given me a good supply of evil beholders, royal snakes and ghosts. Especially royal snakes and ghosts. Now that I'm clearing out the eastern islands I've stopped losing anyone unless I really mess up or I'm fighting a hero who casts direct damage spells.

The basic battle plan for this army is to split up the enemy army into small manageable groups and kill them with no retaliation or ghosts. The best tools:

- obviously beholder sleep is amazing, at best you can keep 2 stacks stunned.
- fear is probably the best spell for dealing with large stacks of low level critters.
- wall is really amazing if you use it well (don't try to trap the enemy, just use it to slow them down a little)
- trap is also great - better if used in conjunction with wall and fear
- slow isn't as good as fear and sleep but you can use it on more enemies.

Basically, turn one just wait with all your non beholders. Keep threats at bay using the above, and bum-rush the few units that get through.

Simple. The only real problem I've encountered is, it sucks against the undead since you can't drain them.

Also, you REALLY need to be careful with ghosts. These are amazing units, but if they kill a lot of units they'll create too many ghosts and you run the risk of losing control of the stack. I generally leave around 20% of the stack empty (so like 40 ghosts if I can command 50 maximum).

They're really pretty amazing with the physical resist and the drain soul ability. But you need to balance them out carefully and really manage who you fight with them.