Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Approved Member

can I have all skills upgraded to maxim? and all spirits of rage?
Old 08-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp View Post
can I have all skills upgraded to maxim? and all spirits of rage?
If you somehow gain enough runes, there's nothing in the code to stop you from maxing all hero skills available. I honestly don't believe it's possible to get that many runes without cheating in some way. In a typical game, you will gain enough runes to max out the skills most important to you, but not all skills.

As for spirits, you most definitely will not be able to max out all their abilities. There is a cap on their max level (30?), and each spirit has more than that number of ability upgrades.

Both of the above are elements of good game design, as it gives us meaningful choices throughout the game. In fact, one of the trickiest decisions for me was when to really start maxing out specific rage abilities. If you upgrade a particular ability too soon, it may cost too much rage for your current hero. But if you wait too long, you risk not being able to max it out before the end of the game. My first complete game, I waited too long on the chargers skill. Not a fatal mistake, but one I'd like to avoid in a second attempt.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

In short: no and no. Not without cheating. That would be poor game design if the game gave you all skills at some point. What would be the point in skill trees to begin with ?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

Which is the best race for "one-race" armies?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

None. One-race armies are pretty inferior with the exception of undeads. But those need extra effort and specific management and playstyle. If this playstyle is not for you, undead-only isn't for you. Plus, every one-race-only army will eventually face its counter-combo on the battlefield. Which, if we stay within the example of the undeads, will be a full undead opponent with no living creature in their ranks.

If you were to determine what army is "good" or "best", regardless of single-race or mixed, you always need more information like:
1. what class
2. what difficulty setting
3. whhich items do you have available
4. who is your opponent
5. what spells, talents and rage abilities do you have
6. what is your preferred playstyle
?

Only if those are answered you can begin to work on what is "best" for you. But when you're at this point you will realize that uniracial armies aren't the best choice for you ^^
Old 08-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
None. One-race armies are pretty inferior with the exception of undeads. But those need extra effort and specific management and playstyle. If this playstyle is not for you, undead-only isn't for you. Plus, every one-race-only army will eventually face its counter-combo on the battlefield. Which, if we stay within the example of the undeads, will be a full undead opponent with no living creature in their ranks.

If you were to determine what army is "good" or "best", regardless of single-race or mixed, you always need more information like:
1. what class
2. what difficulty setting
3. whhich items do you have available
4. who is your opponent
5. what spells, talents and rage abilities do you have
6. what is your preferred playstyle
?

Only if those are answered you can begin to work on what is "best" for you. But when you're at this point you will realize that uniracial armies aren't the best choice for you ^^
OK, I only wanted to know...

About Spirits of rage: If their level is increased, how is chosen the ability/abilities which are increased?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Approved Member

One will always be the rage ability you used the most and gained the most EXP with and the other one will always be random. And what random spell comes depends on if you have all abilities of that spirit yet. If you do not have all rage spells of one spirit, you will be prompted with taking it with a high chance. So if you plan on maximising a spell early on, make sure you use it a lot.

You can read more on spirit leveling when using the search function. It's all spread out in detail for you.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Approved Member

This is strange, because I (almost) never use Zerock's Wall spell, but I have the chance to increase it very often. You could say it's random, but what happens when both options are about the wall spel...?
Old 08-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

It's possible. It also depends on the level of the spell. The first upgrade of the wall is for very low levels and if you don't take it you'll be asked with high chance.
And just as a sidenote: Rock Wall is the only useful spell of Zerock's to begin with. Using and upgrading (more hp, less rage) it is advised.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
It's possible. It also depends on the level of the spell. The first upgrade of the wall is for very low levels and if you don't take it you'll be asked with high chance.
And just as a sidenote: Rock Wall is the only useful spell of Zerock's to begin with. Using and upgrading (more hp, less rage) it is advised.
Really? For what?