Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

Default My army composition

Came from a love of Heros of M&M and loving this game as well.
I wanted to get some opinion on my army so far
Using
Archmages
Werewolf Elves
Swordsman
Ancient Bear
Inquistors

I like the swordsman cause they replaceable most everywhere and I can carry a stack of bears and werewolves in my two reserves. Keep the archers alive and I can roll for a long time without resupplying

Just about to head into Helgas cave so I'll pick up these royal snakes everyone is talking about.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Phew,

I managed to do the quests for King Harl and reached the dwarven lands, sort of :p. So got my griffins, and a steady supply of cannoneers and alchemists, still stuck with those bowmen though.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaster View Post
They have pretty low hp and I try to let my tank take all the damage, though I only have Stone Skin for defence

If I could reach Duke Sov without much losses I would've been using them long ago
---

I usually go for the archers first, then start picking off the melee enemies, but most of the units are fast, so by the time the archers are dead, they have reached my side of the grid.
you should get some archimages and use their shield on top o f stoneskin ^^

eladiimir

your army is reasonable
not my sort of type but then again it might work

3 melee 2 supportive range units(archimages and inqi's don't do alot of damage)

i would switch swordsman for guardsman if u intend to play with that combination

i would replace the bears with horseman since bears are really slow
Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the thoughts razor. Just made it to freedom and haven't found a stack of horsemen yet. Besides I'm enjoy the three slower melee.
The swords have a move of 3 and the bears/werewolves can increase they're speed for the round of engagement so things have been working out very well.
I used the have a dragonfly or griffin as a fast troop but I always found I sent him out into enemy territory and he got beat down quite a bit.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

griffins don't die that easy you must be misusing them

their no retaliation really rocks

horseman is mostly fixed in tent of darion
if not then it's bad luck ^^

you have a real hard combination to use at freedom islands

freedom island got a lot of shooters in their stacks and heavy melee hitters

devilfishes who are very annoying with their fear attack ^^

and their speed is also quite fast
Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

@Razorflame: By spoilers I meant every bit of information... this game is so awesome I think I want to enjoy finding everything by myself. And BTW, I started a new hero just for fun and now I win the first encounters with no or very few losses. Right choices and tactics really matter.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

ofcourse they do ^^
well good luck on your own then ^^
Old 03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

why aren't dragons viable? i run with 3 dragons right now and mages, and then fill the final spot with whatever playing on hard mode.

i don't know all of the tricks and this is my first time reading the forums but i've found this to be the best combo since dragons have such high armor and hp's they don't die if you keep them up and buffed.

i phantom the mages to start out, put up shield/stonearmor on the red/green dragons and send them in first for first hit and retaliation soaking, then send the black one in for the free attacks. i love dragons since they're damage abilities are more strategy based with how they attack, and how the enemy is positioned, and using the green dragon pull to line them up feels like there is more depth to playing the strategy part. most units don't give me this style of enemy positioning to consider as much and take advantage of.

granted the fire immune stuff can be an issue but its why i have 2 other units and swap out the black/red dragons, altho i'm still trying to find other good combinations that work just as well. i just can't seem to since everything dies and i have to replace them. dragons i can at least keep up even if they take huge army hits as long as i keep shields up on them, then heals in between.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodle View Post
why aren't dragons viable? i run with 3 dragons right now and mages, and then fill the final spot with whatever playing on hard mode.
What people talk about here is a perfect or no loss game, and since you can not ressurrect dragons, at least not the black and red, they are not viable for that scenario.

But for casual gaming focusing, on your dragons, sure it can be a good army.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Approved Member

How do you know when to get rid of a unit and move on to some other unit? I mean, at times it is easy to see that a stronger unit (say, Ancient Bears to Bears) just makes sense, but at other times, it doesn't, at least not to me.

So, right now I have both Priests and Archmages (I'm a Paladin). I can start, now to get Inquisators. Do I drop the Archmages or Priests for them? They don't seem to do the same kind of attack, so I can't really tell. Adding to the challenge is that I seem to be out of Archmages, at least for now.

I am level 11 (I think) and am just now getting to the mines. I have only done a few quests on the Islands and most armies there remain stronger than mine.

My current army is:
Bowmen (109)
Royal Snakes (7
Priests (105)
Archmages (27--but I only currently have 6 or 7)
Ancient Bears (5

I think its time to get something new, but there are no horsemen so far, only a few knights and, well, I'm just not really sure what to upgrade or move on.

Ideas?