Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

nice general guide. One thing is missed thou If you don't have resu spell in beguinig, and you usually don't, you can hardly play no loss. Also, when starting, Darion is full of plant archers, so no fear on them, and your 8-12 inquisitors vs 100+ archers = no more inquisitors = no resu. In armored princess one could kite to get a troll or even a dragon and get a no loss from start, but the best unit in darion I can find is 3 knights and some royal snakes. Before them, I made peace with my self and playing no loss since the meat wagons you can have early game die very often even with archmage's shield and stoneskin on them. Not to mention that magic spring gives % to defense instead of fixed number like in KB AP, inquisitors have only 50 HP instead of 70 (if I recall correctlly, I dump all my units in KB AP once I get to BD/RD/GD/BK, nothing else is needed )

My big problem is that I played KB AP first (4 runs for now) and just now got the KBTL and I find that everythig is harder :/ but not in a good way. I picked mage and feel retarded, too much runes needed for higher magic and too much runs spent on crap skills in between (archmage skill is useless, or, it will be when you get access to level 5 units), no holy anger, no transmute, even reserve requires to be learned (twice!).
kiting seems to be more difficult, range from which enemy can attack you is bigger?!

anyway, good strategy guide overall, only remark is about archers since they rarely come in one stack, most often you will find 2 stacks, and you can only cast one fear or two as a mage (but it seems to take foreever to get to higher magic, I am still only on Darion, almost cleared it, level 8 and I still can't afford HM (I collected 19 runes thou, so I am close). So, if you can cast one fear on one 150 plant archer stack, how will inquisitors (as a mage you have ~800~1000 LS as level 6-8 when you start missing weaker stacks) live trough another 150 archer plant stack that will do 400+ dmg? Or, for illustration, getting to a witch in underground requires you to clean a group with 50 royal snakes and some 250 other snakes, in my game I still havent found neither trap nor resu scroll, actually, only usefull spells I found are fear, stoneskin, slow, haste and magic well. No resu, sacrifice, phantom, call of nature, demon portal, trap, invis. etc. Only viable strategy I see atm is getting those ancient vamps, but this is my first run in KBTL and I sort of avoided graveyard in swamps till now, seems like a big mistake of well, first run...

cheers!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

u got the spell gift in KB:TL which lets u use another skill from a unit again
plants are one of the easiest archer to kill in KB:TL (fireball/fire arrow)
the burning effectwill kill alot since they have low HP

and u can always use a ghost stack*(they regenreate hp by attacking and even growing in size)
but beware when they get too much leadership they will go red and attack everything

horseman/evil beholder/inqi's/royal snakes/priest
is a nice combo for the first island
Old 10-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Just a few 'for your information' about the items ...

2 of the ones in the list will be in each and every game you play, those will be:

Anga's Ruby
Dragon Cloak

Also, the Officer's Baton (lvl1 name) has always been in every game I scanned using KBScanner, so maybe there are even 3 best items which will always be present.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaster View Post
2 of the ones in the list will be in each and every game you play, those will be:

Anga's Ruby
Dragon Cloak

Also, the Officer's Baton (lvl1 name) has always been in every game I scanned using KBScanner, so maybe there are even 3 best items which will always be present.
Not only these two. There is also Kerus's Sword in every game (of course we are talking only about listed items - because there are some others guaranteed in every game).

Your info about Officer's Baton is not true - it appeared in around 60% of my scanned games.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Default Great Guide

Thanks for the guide, before I got here I was using peasants/sprites/dragonfly/swordsman/bowman until they died, always replacing dead units, avoiding too many fights, after the guide I changed to Royal Snakes/Griffins/Inquitor/Priest/Alchemist, I got to them running, cleared swamps by lv4/5, with 5-6 losses on griffins and snakes together, now lv6 15int fighting most slightly/strong enemies with no losses, got banner of faith+ancient amulet on store with spear of rage+book of beast rage to use the box of spirits faster and some +int items that gave me +5int.

I got one question as a mage, should I upgrade Alchemy before learn and upgrade more spells or I will find enough crystals although getting Alchemy could speed the process?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat-Man View Post
I got one question as a mage, should I upgrade Alchemy before learn and upgrade more spells or I will find enough crystals although getting Alchemy could speed the process?
If you play in turn without kiting to other areas investing in alchemy is good plan since lvling up spells give more dmg then getting intellect slowly. This also depends of your main dmg dealers (units/spells/rage spirits), but for mage investing in anything concerned spells is good idea. Still considder that first you lvlup magic skill you want to upgrade spells in then alchemy, because if you lvl up alchemy first to 3 lvl, and then no runes for magic skill there`s no point
Also you get lots of magic crystals later in game, but will also need alot of them for 3rd lvl of spells so be careful not to waste it on spells you never use (expl : lvlup fireball to 3 lvl, then use only lightning/geyser , or lvlup precision/berserk when you only cast direct dmg spells). I odnt know how experienced you are in this game, and how much you know what is at your disposal but dont just lvlup all spells in your spellbook but consider what spell you need and use crystals for it, because they are plenty in game of them for mage with 3rd lvl alchemy, but not in unlimited supply. So you will eventually end up with 0 crystals.
Have fun playing this awesome game

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 12-22-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the help!
Well this is my first time playing the game, I'm Lv6 using Horseman and Royal Snakes as tanks now, although Griffin hp is higher the Royal dish more damage so the enemy has no chance of fighting back, while they hold the enemy I use Alchemist/Priest/Inquisitor/spells.Right in the start 1 fireball for slow ranged enemies and trap/slow for fast enemies and other spells mid battle.
The spells I use and I'm thinking of upgrading Lv3 Helplessness/Bless/BattleCry/Slow/Magic Spring/Haste/Trap.
Spells to find: Firerain/Sheep/Geyser/Magic Shackles/Ressu/Phoenix and Phantom
I'm using Sleem's Cloud and Schoal waiting for Glot's Armor, Zerock's Rockfall and Stonewall.
I got +80 crystals, cleared Greenwort/Swamps/Forest except for very strong to impossible with hero quality enemies.
I'm thinking about using Dragon/Demons/Cyclops and some ranged units maybe elf by mid-end game I don't know all the units avaiable.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

you don't need alcemy it's just a waste of runes

you only need 10 spells and only a few o those will be needed to up to level 3

and for those things u don't need any alcemy skills

unless u want to upgrade EVERY spells then yeah alchemy would be a good idea

and make sure you use the spells based on the units you take with you
Old 12-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

Some creatures are very good vs the Towers:
Before I begin, yeah, melee creatures next to the towers can wreck them good, but getting there can be a lesson in futility. The ones I'm mentioning below are flying or ranged units capable of wrecking towers.

Ents and Ancient Ents both hit the towers with the insect swarm hard. Plus, they're expendable. Who cares if they get killed as they're borderline worthless in regular battles? However, they tend to last in these tower battles as well. Keep them in garrison primarily for tower battles.

Dwarven Catapult. This should have been obvious to me from the start...but it wasn't.

Any dragon. Red and Black being better than Emerald, who I feel is the best in the regular battles.

Griffins. Buff them up, heal them, it doesn't matter. Sic them on the towers and don't concern using them on regular units unless they're in the way.

Dwarven Alchemist, but ONLY with fire bottle. After it's used, either give them the "Gift" or, like I do, have them assault the brown gremlin towers as they're ability to range through creatures to hit the tower thus damaging them both is the best use of them.

Unless you're going for zero units, the dwarves all make good tower assaulters due to their "hardiness" plus being expendable. As a mage, these are what I use for towers. I wait til I'm at a dwarven castle, replace my regular units with the expendables and easily rush the battle.

Giants- Otherwise, don't waste a cent on purchasing them.

Last edited by Shadowcran; 12-12-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Extra Information