Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

I have done some testing on this and it does not appear to be level based, at least on the level when killing the zombie.

The reason for my testing was that I ran across this thread when trying to figure out why the zombie was not reacting to me when speaking to him. What I discovered was that if you blow up the alchemist's gear and do not talk to the alchemist before going back to the witch, it bugs the quest.

So, I was level 8 and wanting to get an INT ring for my mage, but not able to get the quest from the alchemist. I reloaded from a level 5 save, prior to doing the witch quest and have killed the zombie (reloading each time to try again at the next level) at levels 5-8 and he always gives me the copper ring, which I do not want.

So, it is perhaps based on your level when receiving the quest, but I am not starting back at level 5 again. This is my first play through, on impossible, and I do not have that much free time.

If anyone else has information on how you can change rewards, please post.

Best,
Arc
Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

I have never been able to get this quest at all. What is the proper sequence?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

I posted this one as I had the same trouble. As he said, if you blow the Alchemist cauldron, you need to go right to him to get the quest.

Come back later and it will not appear.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

I came back to confirm that the item reward did change for me at level 10 (to the INT ring, which was very much needed!) after not having changed from levels 5 through 9.

I was close to 10 so I decided to try it even though I had already wasted a lot of time over the blasted ring...Thank goodness.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Approved Member

Topic is old, but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
sorry but no one tested it deeply how it changes
I did some tests I would like to share. I tested over 100 saves from two different games (200 saves in total) and I found "something".

1) Reward from Noric is rather not based on character level

2) I've noticed reward changes everytime you change a zone out/in of area - it means that player will get different item everytime it will go out of Marshan Swamp area and come back - it could be going to Greenwort and coming back OR just going in and out of some crypt.

3) Reward does not change when you open graves to get items / armies or pick up items.

4) There is probably finite number of items you can get in every game - in my tests it was 7 or 8.

5) From testing of 100 saves (by going out of Marshan Swamp and entering back) I got:

1st game: (by running scanner Noric should drop Book of Beast Rage, but in game I could get 8 different items)
11x Pendant of Iron Will*
06x Banner of Heroism*
10x Bronze Ring*
08x Sign of Rage*
16x Flame Necklace*
18x Case
16x Telescopic Sight
15x Officer's Baton
Please note that I couldn't get the item listed by scanner.

2nd game: (by running scanner Noric should drop Flame Necklace, but in game I could get 7 different items)
14x Pendant of Iron Will*
11x Banner of Heroism*
10x Bronze Ring*
14x Sign of Rage*
16x Flame Necklace*
09x Bloody Band
14x Sign of the Diplomat

Items marked with * appeared as drop in both games.

I have more info from my tests, it is less important, but if you want to know something more then ask.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
Also, in the same light, the Talking Stone initially transformed into something that only gave me 50 XP. I reloaded, fought one battle, and checked: +4 mana. Reloaded, fought another battle, +1 defense, so I took that gain.
It is not true that you need to fight a battle. You only need to reload the game.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Are there any other battles like this?

I stumbled across this phenomenon myself when killing Noric. I was doing a scouting run seeing if I missed any freebies (with the plan to restore later), and decided to see what army Noric had. I would have killed him with no losses except I figured I'd be restarting so killed the last stack of decaying zombies with a low-HP unit which ended the battle. I got the Intellect Ring Class 2, which I really wanted (trying to get to 15 Int as a Paladin). So I restored and went back, killed him with no losses, and got the Officer's Baton. I tried several times to restore/wander around/kill and get the ring back, but every time I got the baton. I finally gave up and never did figure out what made the reward change. I don't believe I left the Marshawn Swamp in any of my attempts (including the original one). I did enter some crypts in several iterations.

Oh well. Maybe I'll be glad I got the baton, but for now I wish I had the ring.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

It`s a bit out of date but i just now figured this out for KB-tL (i`m not sure if it works same way for KB-AP/CW). When lvlup choices are different depending of location.
Expl : i need 100 more exp for 4th lvl fight 1 battle in Greenwort and choice is +2 defense / +180 leadership. I load before battle and go fight battle in Marshan swamp lvlup and get +2 defense / +210 lds , in Arlania got +1 defense / 150 lds and so on. 4 to 5th lvl range was from +6mana/+1 intellect to +11mana / +2 int . . . Every location gave me different choice.
I just start new game and saw this by accident, i`m not sure was this posted before. But little info for any1 starting new game when it`s easy to change locations (Greenwort , Arlania, Marshan Swamp, Verlon forest) and choice on lvlup can be considerable +150lds, or +210lds for 3-4lvl hero can mean something.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
It`s a bit out of date but i just now figured this out for KB-tL (i`m not sure if it works same way for KB-AP/CW). When lvlup choices are different depending of location.
Expl : i need 100 more exp for 4th lvl fight 1 battle in Greenwort and choice is +2 defense / +180 leadership. I load before battle and go fight battle in Marshan swamp lvlup and get +2 defense / +210 lds , in Arlania got +1 defense / 150 lds and so on. 4 to 5th lvl range was from +6mana/+1 intellect to +11mana / +2 int . . . Every location gave me different choice.
I just start new game and saw this by accident, i`m not sure was this posted before. But little info for any1 starting new game when it`s easy to change locations (Greenwort , Arlania, Marshan Swamp, Verlon forest) and choice on lvlup can be considerable +150lds, or +210lds for 3-4lvl hero can mean something.
You must be playing with some kind of mod. The base game has never offered me more than +1 of any attribute. And even for a mage on Easy difficulty, the most mana that can be offered is 8. Leadership gain is always equal to hero level times 40 (mage), or 50 (paladin), or 60 (warrior). Thus none of those leadership offerings are possible at level 4. This is all well-documented in the Russian fan manual, so you probably have some kind of mod applied that is changing the level-up offerings based on difficulty of your current area.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Approved Member

It`s easy to check, but i try it in mod and in original game and similar thing happen. Start game on any mod and go to marshan swamp, accept quest from with to blow up alchemist cauldron but before do it save game and use stinky elixir (right click on item in inventory and use it) it always give 150+ exp points for mage up to 200 so it 100% to get you from 1st lvl p to 2nd then. See choices offered and then load and go to greenwort and use elixir, then try it in arlania/verlon forest/lyaro island.
I know about class lds gain on lvlup but i sometime get lds like 174, or 231 and that`s got nothing to do with 40/50/60 multiplier for each class, and i have same numbers in my hero.txt file like in original game settings so i dont think it`s about that. And rune gain is also same as original.

EDIT : Damn, you`re right. Try basic game with no mod changes and got same lvlup choice every time. But still have no idea what file make this differences on hero lvlup.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 08-16-2012 at 10:56 PM.