Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

Default item rewards DO CHANGE!!!

On a game where I had already reached the elven lands, only to restart because I was doing a no-casualties run (I originally though the tutorial casualties didn't count), I got as a reward from killing zombie Noric an Intellect Ring; I killed him at level 6.

On my restarted game, because of taking advantage of getting Tactics Treatise earlier for maximum effect, I killed zombie Noric at level 10; but this time he gave me the pathetic Silver Horn!

I tried from a level 9 save, level 8 save, and level 7 save; still Silver Horn. Reloaded from a level 5 save (I didn't have a save for level 6), saw that I was too underpowered to take on Noric, levelled up and took out the turtle boss first (for +500 leadership) and took down Noric; success! Intellect Ring again!

Just thought everyone should know, since it seems that the common consensus in this forum is that all items are fixed at the start.

For those interested in knowing how to take out zombie Noric's group at level 6 with no losses when his zombie stacks are worth twice you leadership, a screenshot is attached to know the ideal unit composition. Necro Call is essential (and is a fixed reward in the Lost Chronicles quest), and level 1 Slow helps a lot too.

Also, in the same light, the Talking Stone initially transformed into something that only gave me 50 XP. I reloaded, fought one battle, and checked: +4 mana. Reloaded, fought another battle, +1 defense, so I took that gain.

Rewards could change, though I don't know if it applies to quest rewards.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_090924_001.bmp (2.25 MB, 141 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

yep, we already discovered it on polish forum
Old 09-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

interesting find man;-0
^^
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Noric gives you an item when you kill him? Never noticed... I killed him around Level 6 and most likely got a Mana potion or some other stuff...

However, item rewards are indeed not fixed for some quests. When helping the King's Brother's future Wife, I got a Pendant of Intellect (or something) as a reward that gives the Hypnotize scroll if you battle the keepers. In my previous game I definetly didn't get that item...

I also wonder how randomly you can get items just by defeating a random enemy army. I killed a group of Ghosts in the Cemetery, and got the Pain Skull! (pretty usefull for my Mage).
Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
yep, we already discovered it on polish forum
Hi Elwin, would you happen to know the mechanics of how the items change? For the sample I have above, would it have changed again if I killed Noric at level 11+? Maybe I could kill him off in conjunction with storming Castle Karmag at around level 20. Just a thought, I happen to believe the Intellect Ring is the best item around since you could get to absorb the +3 intellect after 30 kills, which allows you to sell the resulting pathetic level 1 version and use another item.

And while it seems unlikely that a started quest would have it's rewards change, could I "test start" a quest, then if I don't like the rewards I could start it at a later level for a different reward? I'm thinking of the Rare Creatures quest since it gives you 3 random scrolls, so it might be a good way to hunt for rare scrolls.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Noric gives you an item when you kill him? Never noticed... I killed him around Level 6 and most likely got a Mana potion or some other stuff...

However, item rewards are indeed not fixed for some quests. When helping the King's Brother's future Wife, I got a Pendant of Intellect (or something) as a reward that gives the Hypnotize scroll if you battle the keepers. In my previous game I definetly didn't get that item...

I also wonder how randomly you can get items just by defeating a random enemy army. I killed a group of Ghosts in the Cemetery, and got the Pain Skull! (pretty usefull for my Mage).
Hi BB Shockwave, what I mean by item reward change is it is with the same game, not a different started game. So in my example, I got an Intellect Ring if I killed Noric at level 6, but if I had waited and killed him at level 7 - 10 I would have gotten a Silver Horn.

Chests during battle also have a chance of giving runes, scrolls and items. That is why I make a save game before every battle, and if it has a chest, I do a test run and get to the chest no matter what, even using Teleport on my horsemen. Who knows, maybe that chest holds a powerful item or scroll.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
Hi BB Shockwave, what I mean by item reward change is it is with the same game, not a different started game. So in my example, I got an Intellect Ring if I killed Noric at level 6, but if I had waited and killed him at level 7 - 10 I would have gotten a Silver Horn.

Chests during battle also have a chance of giving runes, scrolls and items. That is why I make a save game before every battle, and if it has a chest, I do a test run and get to the chest no matter what, even using Teleport on my horsemen. Who knows, maybe that chest holds a powerful item or scroll.

Yeah, I noticed the Chests... However if you do the battle after reloading, that chest will have the same item. That is, unless you move the battle to a different spot on the adventure map and the battlefield changes.

I'm already anticipating the Dragon's "dig up chests" Rage spell in AP will be a much-used skill by me.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

I stand corrected, I was at level 9 when I got the Silver Horn (see screenshot), though I did try to level up to 10, then tried it again to see if I could get a different item. When that still resulted in a Silver Horn, that's when I started loading from lower-level saves.

I wanted to just update my original post, but I didn't know how to do the image upload update there.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp screen_090924_000.bmp (2.25 MB, 37 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

sorry but no one tested it deeply how it changes
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
sorry but no one tested it deeply how it changes
Thanks for the reply. If it is indeed level-based as my testing suggest it to be, it may not be worth reloading from a level 6 save when you are already level 14+ anyways.

At least for now, it seems that we could assume that for zombie Noric's item reward you could get different items depending on whether you are level 6 and below, or if you are level 7+.

And of course, the Talking Stone is easier to manipulate, just engage in an additional fight(s) to get the reward that you want.