Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Default Seeking info on Darion's Tournament

Hi, all. First time playing through, and I have some questions on the Tournament that I couldn't find searching the forums.

- Can you do the tournament in stages, or is a matter of once you start the tournament, you continue until you win or die?
- If the latter, then I guess you wouldn't want to start the tournament until you think you can win it, right? Unless you don't mind starting over with a new army from scratch and don't want the end reward?
- Based on that, is there an ideal time/level/leadership to take on the tournament?
- Is there any way to know what enemies are coming in the next round?
- How "hard" is the final battle? Designed for endgame or mid-game? Are you fighting stacks of 100 Bone Dragons, or something comparable to a tough Eastern Islands fight?
- Are the battles fixed or randomized?
- Are you always fighting heroes (spell-casters)?
- Do you get to swap items and/or armies from reserves between rounds?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really couldn't find out much about the Tournament other than the end reward (Dragon Sword or something like that).
Old 04-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

Yes its done in stages, u dont have to continue. Last fight is more like end game. Just try it
Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Yes its done in stages, u dont have to continue. Last fight is more like end game. Just try it
LOL okay yeah that pretty much says it all. I guess I can start the tournament and just bail (and restore) if it gets to be too much.

For some reason I always assumed that the tournament was a one-shot deal-- you know, like an actual tournament. This also means that like Rezo's tower, the tournament provides built-in rage-generation battles as long as you leave one reasonably easy opponent for next time.

Is there a reward for each stage of the tournament? I seem to recall reading that you get might runes at each stage, or maybe that varies? Otherwise, I suppose there wouldn't be any reason to clear early stages.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Approved Member

As Elvin said each fight in tournament is single fight not connected to others, so you finish 1 get reward, and then change every thing you want in you`re army/items fight next battle, etc . . . Reward is always might runes, for early 2 runes, on last couple battle you get 3.
There is no have to lvl to do tournament, just go in start fight to see how tough is it (even in real life you have some intel before getting in trouble) and load last save game if you cant win battle. Every battle is against enemy heroes with spell casting , and every is harder then last one against bigger army. Last is against allot of dragons so be prepared for it.
And what do you mean are battles fixed/randomized ? As in is every battle vs same number of enemy units ?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
And what do you mean are battles fixed/randomized ? As in is every battle vs same number of enemy units ?
Yes, that. I got the impression that some battles had fixed foes (trial of will?) but maybe not. Mainly I was just trying to get an idea of the difficulty to finish (win) the tournament, and if I can do it in stages.

Thanks to all of you who have answered!