Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Tips and Hints

Tips and Hints Different solutions, tips and hints.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

I don't make good enough use of Ice Thorns. I'm always too busy with the Ice Ball or Chargers. I still don't do a good enough job of making sure that only a few units take hits, rather than the entire army, thus making ressing too expensive and arduous. I need to make better use of Target, I think.

And I've been thinking about the suicidal attempt of melees that can't restock themselves, hence my thoughts on defense. But as you indicate in the other thread, it will be impossible without putting thousands of units nearby to restock in tough areas, which is quite pointless.

LOL that Mirabella didn't even deserve mention by name among the wives.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, one must add that I'm a very patient player. Have always been in all games. Sometimes I take it too serious with the "perfect play". I don't play anything but no loss campaigns and I make sure I do everything to pull that off, even with Karador, Xeona, Baal and Haas. Whereas Haas is always a pain in the ass, more than Baal and that already is.

I also spend 40 rounds in battles against gremlins, keeping only two Friendly Gremlin towers alive to boost my ranks after a rank-up (Viscount, Lord etc), sacrificing Vampire Bats and Ancient Vampire Bats standing next to the towers to drain life out of what they summon every round ^^
Or with whatever Dragon or Demon Summon and let Poison Rain after Poison Rain fall on them and the Tower summons (not too often or the Tower dies, too ^^) with magic spring on them.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

There's nothing wrong with patience. I've been adding that to my tactical repertoire more lately. Friendly Gremlin tower abuse helped me reduce my casualties a great deal last time out. Part of me wants to beat the game as quickly as possible to complete my current playthrough and start the next interesting one, but I find taking it slow and putting in the 60 hours to beat the game to be satisfying in the present. Plus, less losses = less backtracking to stock up on units.